Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jun 12, 2006, 2:29 PM   #1

As a reply to my earlir post 'Viol, Violet and Sunset' Paul wrote: ''Well I would also be interested to see what it is like with the sun in the OPPOSITE direction, that is a morning sun shot with the sun highlighting the houses / architecture / trees too, and of course shining from your back onto the water can look nice too.''
Hope this morning shot works :-)
Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 12, 2006, 2:33 PM   #2

And this will make the comparison easier..
Attached Images

Old Jun 12, 2006, 4:01 PM   #3

Hello Bahadir!

So very kind of you, and I trusted you would honour your word... so soon!

Thanks for the lovely photos. You have now exactly done what I was looking for, and I think these 2 photos represent a beautiful comparison between "morn and eve" indeed!

Both are well caught, I love how the morning sun caught the colours of the houses, trees and things, and then the water behind that. The distant shore-line (mountains in the background) are shrouded in morning clouds, adding a feeling of "waking up" as well as mystery!

And the evening photo is a beautiful sunset, well caught, B! IMHO I think it's even more beautiful in a way than the original "vio, violet and sunset" one. I love how the red sun rays play in the colours of purple evening clouds. Very picturesque view you have, you should feel blessed (and I think you do!)

It's a special place where a home can have such a view, especially for your children who can grow up seeing the sun make it's way from east to west over that area of Izmir where you live. I grew up in Australia and realise how fortunate and yet also "luxurious" it is to grow up with a lot of open space, sunshine, etc. Of course each country and culture has special elements.

Thanks for sharing these 2 lovely photos together, and I hope all the other viewers appreciate them as much as I do!

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2006, 5:35 PM   #4

Very nice ones, i´m loving the sun efect on the clouds. Congratulations bahadir!!.

hull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2006, 7:41 PM   #5

If I ever visit Turkey, I'm going to have to crash at your house! :lol: What a wonderful view you have.
Justin Hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2006, 11:06 PM   #6

bahadir, thanks for showing us your part of the world. the photos are beautiful and I appreciate being able to experience an area I probably will never get to visit. that's really a huge benefit of this site.
drewaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2006, 11:09 PM   #7

bravo, Bahadir! you do indeed have a lovely view... where i live, a view like thatis reserved for those who either bought homes 30-40 years ago, or are willing to spend a million dollars - literally! - to get it! savor that view, and enjoy it often.

the sunset is gorgeous, and the morning shot captures the early sunrise glow perfectly. a perfect complementary pair...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2006, 2:45 AM   #8

Paul- In the first place I owe you a big THANK YOU for the idea you had given me, which made this compative pair of shots possible. I would not miss the chance of receiving your eloquent commentory after all:-)
Be sure I am eagerly awaiting to fullfill any further ones you may assign!!
BTW, I also agree with you about the sunset here surpassing the one in''viol, violet and the wine''

------------------------------------------

Hull-Thank you so much. I am considering a collection exclusively for clouds. Maybe some of them are from your country. They say, clouds just don't know where they go!

----------------------------------------

Justin-I think you will come in your biplane! Landing place will not be problem:lol:
You are most welcome to my humble house.

-------------------------------------------

Drewaz, please say never! Personally, I am expecting to see
the marvellous geography you've had us become addicted to:-)

------------------------------------------

Squirl, thank you for the appreciation and encouragement. Having read your kind words I also thought I should start considering the near future!!