Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jul 4, 2006, 7:08 PM   #11

What scares me is that the fire season's only getting started. I just heard on the news that Tumbler Ridge has been evacuated, not much being said yet about the Kamloops situation. Good luck to all.
toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2006, 7:39 PM   #12

For sure Toshi,

They are saying that the forests around here are drier than the end of the 2003 fire season . . . That is disturbing . . .

The fire close to town is near Lac Le Jeune. Some people are being asked to be prepared.

Here is a picture from our place . . . 2003. This was shortly after the first wildfire started in our area . . .

Peter
Attached Images

PeterMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2006, 6:49 PM   #13

Was that the Barriere fire? That almost looks like an erupting volcano. Let's hope no one has to go through that again.

It's extremely dry here, too. They haven't closed the parks yet like they did in '03, but they're drier now than they were then. Another severe thunderstorm warning has been issued for most of the Interior. I just took this shot from my front yard. All we can do is hope for the best.
Attached Images

toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2006, 9:48 PM   #14

Hi Toshi . . .

That picture you posted looks exactly what I am looking at right now from my window. Storm is rolling through here.

The picture I just posted is actually the Strawberry Hill fire in Kamloops city limits. Many people were evacuted in area near the mountain. Barriere fire broke out about 2 hours before hand.

Take care . . .

Peter

toshi43 wrote:
Quote:
Was that the Barriere fire? That almost looks like an erupting volcano. Let's hope no one has to go through that again.

It's extremely dry here, too. They haven't closed the parks yet like they did in '03, but they're drier now than they were then. Another severe thunderstorm warning has been issued for most of the Interior. I just took this shot from my front yard. All we can do is hope for the best.
PeterMG is offline   Reply With Quote