Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old May 14, 2003, 6:31 PM   #11
NHL

I don't know... I think it's perfectly framed, and the location of the "aviator" is well captured!

This simple airborne detail added liveliness to the stillness of the early morning, like a new dawn. If it was anywhere else for example, it wouldn't have convey the same effect (ie. in the middle or to the right of the picture for example). 8)
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2003, 9:33 PM   #12

No apologies necessary. When it comes to this kind of thing, what you get out of it is what you get out of it.

As I said before, I don't think there's anything technically wrong with the pic, but for me it brings me down.
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2003, 1:07 AM   #13

Like gibsonpd3620, I see this as an early morning shot. I get a sense of anticipation looking at it. Reminds me of duck hunting when I was a kid. No sadness here

Excellent shot Klaus!

Jim
Jim Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2003, 3:20 AM   #14

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Really overwhelming and somehow poetic reading (lauren ).

Of course I also like the shot, wouldn't have posted it if not. As some of you, who visisted my gallery, know - I like "moody" shots. I went up early one morning to shoot this photo - planned it for some time. It was a lovely morning - but to my great disapointment
all the birds and duck of winter was gone from "my spot" by the sea. I was a really quiet morning - pretty boring actually. I shot about 100 frames before the magic was gone...

Home well - watching all the shots - I pick one - this one. Not because it was the finest, but because is has that early morning look that I like. But something was missing....guess what....A BIRD, that would give this shot something extra!

I opened PS and found another of my shot - this is it:

I work on it for about ten minutes i PS and placed this bird the only place it could add something to the original photo.

Some of you may already have guessed that (NHL)! Maybe its too obvious! Other may think "WHAT A CHEATER - THAT'S NOT FAIR - HE'S ALWAYS CRITIZISING OUR SHOTS FOR LESS, WHAT AN ASSH.....".

That may be right!

It certainly wasn't ONE shot - but two - merged together.

Somehow the shot worked - most of you liked it. So do I!

What do you think - is this OK or what ?

best regards
Klaus
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2003, 4:52 AM   #15

Really nice image Klaus. I like the colour, the balance of light and dark, the bird (first thing I noticed), and I like the detail in the grass infront of the lake. Overall 9 out of 10. :P

best wishes
Martin
mpaul73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2003, 4:57 AM   #16

Thanks Martin, very kind of you. Did you read my post above ?
Old May 15, 2003, 5:19 AM   #17

Ok so you cheated ...certainly without the bird the shot would have a lot less impact, it really does jump out and make the shot special. Personally I don't think there is anything bad in doing this sort of thing so long as your audience knows the truth about it. I just thought it was amazing luck to get the photo at that moment! If you had not have said I would have believed it was real. Nice PS work!

cheers
Martin.
mpaul73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2003, 5:33 AM   #18
NHL

Klaus

I was suspect from the start by the low-light condition and how sharp the bird was captured in flight, but you're the artist! 8) 8) 8)
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2003, 11:49 AM   #19

Quote:
Steve6, with all due respect, I ask that you cease
denigration of others who post here.

Steve6, with all due respect, I ask you to "look
within" then offer a public apology to Lauren.
Ok, ok, I was too strong, that's why I stuck a LOL on the end cos I was taking the mickey out of the poetry - too heavy for a philistine like me to appreciate.

So Lauren (on bended knee) I apologise, will you please forgive me? My English sense of humour didn't work out ops:

Actually this "@*%$@*" means: "the beauty of your words are pure poetry to my ears

Now you've got me at it.
steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2003, 12:38 PM   #20

Steve - you seems to be really poetic too. An englishman - how nice! ha ha