Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Aug 5, 2006, 12:49 AM   #1

This is my first attempt at IR photography.....cheers........Don.
Attached Images

thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 5, 2006, 12:50 AM   #2

Attached Images

Old Aug 5, 2006, 4:11 AM   #3

Well that's a first around here :-)

Those look interesting and well taken, but - and this is no criticism really - I don't know how to judge whether they're any good! Come to that, I can't really decide whether I like them or not, based purely on gut reaction. I have the same reaction to IR pics taken by the pros BTW :O

Do keep taking and posting them though, there's something worthwhile here, but I for one don't know how to "see" these yet. I'd be interested to know what everyone else thinks?

Regards, John.
John Maddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2006, 8:44 AM   #4

Thanks John. If you like weird and unusual, as I do, it's definitely a different direction. I think it's a personal thing. Myself, I'm kind of mesmerized by what comes out of IR photography. I've spent a lot of time viewing other peoples offerings, and quite enjoy the different look, so decided to get an old FZ1, a R72 filter, and take a shot at it. Maybe it's my sci-fi blood coming out. I know it's not everyones cup of tea, but for some, they might enjoy a different look. Thanks for the comments......cheers.....Don.

John Maddock wrote:
Quote:
Well that's a first around here :-)

Those look interesting and well taken, but - and this is no criticism really - I don't know how to judge whether they're any good! Come to that, I can't really decide whether I like them or not, based purely on gut reaction. I have the same reaction to IR pics taken by the pros BTW :O

Do keep taking and posting them though, there's something worthwhile here, but I for one don't know how to "see" these yet. I'd be interested to know what everyone else thinks?

Regards, John.
Old Aug 5, 2006, 4:11 PM   #5

Nice, very nice. I have the same set-up and posted some time ago. Looks like I will be dragging it out and giving it a go again.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2006, 6:07 PM   #6

Thanks vIZnquest. Yes, it's a different world in IR, isn't it? Lots of weird shots you can get. Fun to do when you're a littel bored with the usual photo taking. Look forward to seeing some of your posts.....cheers.....Don.

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
Nice, very nice. I have the same set-up and posted some time ago. Looks like I will be dragging it out and giving it a go again.
Old Aug 5, 2006, 8:20 PM   #7
Mag

very interesting, looks like fun!

Best regards,

Mag
Mag is offline   Reply With Quote