Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Sep 4, 2006, 4:19 PM   #11

Hi,Paul. My account about the Black sea bases on the Anatolian coasts(having the longest coast among the seven countries of Black Sea, btw) So, the Romanian coast overlooking different direction may not necessarily be identical. We also have extensive Mediterranean and Aegen coasts but I must say none is considered to have a wild nature comparable to the Black Sea.
Anyway, with your additional shots I see the sweet sweet DOF is at work again! I also recognized the ship and the piece of dried grass in the foreground which I had seen in my fave. Between the two I'd take the first one, because somehow it seems more complete to me. Ah, how I love dried grass and flowers...
You say ''I was surprised to read in another forum section that you posted you are an untidy person as you said you grab whatever of your 2 cameras you can find... I never expected this of you!''. Well, I did not say 'untidy' but 'not a very tidy person'. They are not the same thing at all, are they?? :G
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 2:03 AM   #12

Bahadir,

Thanks for your explanation about the Black Sea coast and its nature along the Anatolian coasts. Indeed one side of one sea can be a different kettle of fish to another side (no pun intended!) If one day you might be in Tasmania (or Australia generally) the varied nature of its various ocean coasts will delight you I'm sure. You're welcome by all accounts (especially if I'm back there!) (though I'd have to admit there is much less history to discover in Australia than in Turkey, though of course theAboriginals have been dwelling much longer in Australia than Europeans!)

Do you have any photos of Turkey's Black Sea coast (the Anatolian coasts?) I'd be interested to see some. Maybe also the nature of the scenery might be different...

Then a big apology, that I both misquoted you and perhaps portrayed you as untidy, rather than as you correctly corrected me: "not a very tidy person". Indeed they are different things and I can edit out reference to this if you wish! (PM me).

About the last 2 shots I posted, glad you like them again. Actually though they are NOT the same dried grass / weeds as in the cross shot. If you would look more closely you might notice the angle of the ship is different... the dried grass photos were taken some hundred meters further away from the ship, thus her stern is more perpendicular to the viewer / camera.

Thanks for looking. Cheers.

Paul

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 6:50 PM   #13

pj1974 wrote:
Quote:
Do you have any photos of Turkey's Black Sea coast (the Anatolian coasts?) I'd be interested to see some. Maybe also the nature of the scenery might be different...
Sadly I do not have any for the moment except for some film photos I took,let's say more thanten years ago and which need digitilizing first:sad:But I can safely say that the Black Sea region, regarding her outstanding nature, is like another country within my country, at least for me who got used to Aegean geography and vegetation!!
Quote:
Then a big apology...
C'mon Paul, please do not mind:-)

Hope to make a joint venture with you about this cross& shipwreck matter, if I manage to pay a visit to Romania, which is not that far away, btw :|

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote