Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Member's & Family Photos (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/members-family-photos-81/)
-   -   my son's new fascination! (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/members-family-photos-81/my-sons-new-fascination-145258/)

bahadir Aug 13, 2008 2:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)

There's no dedicated skateboardarena aroundwith ramps, etc. except for the flat onesgood for roller skate! But never mind! Abondoned building remains,inclinednarrow roads which are seldomly usedcan all make good places forpractice, we search around our house :-) (on board fill flash used..)

musket Aug 13, 2008 6:55 AM

bahadir wrote:
Quote:

There's no dedicated skateboardarena aroundwith ramps, etc. except for the flat onesgood for roller skate! But never mind! Abondoned building remains,inclinednarrow roads which are seldomly usedcan all make good places forpractice, we search around our house :-) (on board fill flash used..)

Good shot, unusual framing..............musket.

bahadir Aug 14, 2008 12:06 AM

Thank you musket! I wanted to try sth different, oh at least for framing,to match his excitement at the time of shooting : )

pj1974 Aug 14, 2008 7:56 AM

Hi Bahadir

This is a fine photograph of your fine young song enjoying himself!

It is indeed an interesting framing decision you have chosen, as musket also points out, and as you stated, you wanted to capture the excitement of the moment by framing differently. It's good. Though I find the part of the left looks dark purple, rather than black.

You did well to exposure and capture this, with strong background light. I expect your onboard fill flash helped to present the subject, your son, in "good light"!

It looks like this is a good hobby for him. Though I hope there will be a dedicated skateboard park and appropriate facilities for him (and friends!) in time.

The path way between what looks like some dust or rubble aptly matches his direction on the skateboard.

Thanks for sharing.

Paul

Calicajun Aug 15, 2008 1:13 AM

Good shot, now get him a helmet and pads.

bahadir Aug 15, 2008 4:58 AM

pj1974 wrote:
Quote:

Hi Bahadir

This is a fine photograph of your fine young song enjoying himself!

It is indeed an interesting framing decision you have chosen, as musket also points out, and as you stated, you wanted to capture the excitement of the moment by framing differently. It's good. Though I find the part of the left looks dark purple, rather than black.

You did well to exposure and capture this, with strong background light. I expect your onboard fill flash helped to present the subject, your son, in "good light"!

It looks like this is a good hobby for him. Though I hope there will be a dedicated skateboard park and appropriate facilities for him (and friends!) in time.

The path way between what looks like some dust or rubble aptly matches his direction on the skateboard.

Thanks for sharing.

Paul
Dear Paul, thank you so much for thequite rewardingfeedback !! Yea, the comparatively strong backlight, considering my low angle of shooting, required the use of flash! I wouldn't try the hdr this time, at least:GActually, I didn't care muchabout changing the dark purple corner at first, but after your reminder, I found it necessary to edit it. Thank you for the reminder!As for the dedicated skateboard park, I'd like to open the first one out of necessity :-)Ah, perhaps I can propose it to our good major: http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...amp;forum_id=5:idea: As youwisely put it, I do wish he'll have appopriate friends dealing with this great activity, as I did dealing with my hobbies;)Once again It'sbeen sopleasing towitness how you 'read' a picture thanks to your keen observation, my friend!

.................................................. ..................

Calicajun wrote:

Quote:

Good shot, now get him a helmet and pads.
Thank you for your appreciation and good advice, my fiend: )Actually he might fallocccasionally during his practice, at least causing sometrivail bruise, which I impose him as 'part of the game'! Ah, my wife, too,didwarn meabout the safety equipment!

Calicajun Aug 15, 2008 2:41 PM

Bahadir,

Didn't mean to over step my bounds, it's just skateboard has been popular here in the USA since I was your son's age (and that's a lot of years:G) and have seen all too many people get hurt and that makes me worry about kids getting hurt. That and the fact I'm sitting here typing one handed because I didn't take playing around (karate) with my son seriously and tore the bicep tendon from the bone:(. Yes, my wife has been telling me "I told you so" and the doctor says I'll be able to use a camera again in about five more months.

BTW, the fill flash work out great in that picture. :cool:

bahadir Aug 17, 2008 6:56 PM

Oh, I too remember skateboardbeing very popular about where I live when I was a teenager...But could never find the opportunity to deal with it among many other sportive activities of mine!Now, I'm pleased to see my son's enthusiasm in it, besides my daughter's being quite good at roller skate as well as ice skating : )

Btw, get well soon, my friend! Sorry to hear you got hurt while practicing with your son...To tell the truth, I still can't believe I have received theworst physical pains of my life from my boy:? You might even learn to shoot withone handdurind thosefive months though!! Ah, I remember notfullytaking the doctor's advice for the sake of photography andnow I have aslightly upraised little finger, regardingsome tendon, while holding a goblet:-)

Calicajun Aug 18, 2008 10:10 AM

bahadir,

Guess I'm just not as tough as I thought I was in my youth.:?Never was much good at skateboarding but loved ice skating, hope your daughter keeps it up.

bahadir Aug 19, 2008 4:27 PM

Calicajun wrote:
Quote:

bahadir,

Guess I'm just not as tough as I thought I was in my youth.:?Never was much good at skateboarding but loved ice skating, hope your daughter keeps it up.
So it's time to start good old 'push ups' again, my friend :-)

Thank you for the good wish for my daughter! Ah, she often even wears her roller skates instead ofregular shoes as she goes out!