Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Member's & Family Photos (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/members-family-photos-81/)
-   -   Some Easter Pics (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/members-family-photos-81/some-easter-pics-168691/)

Hawgwild Apr 6, 2010 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronin2307 (Post 1075547)
very very nice. in the name of learning, may i ask what lens and settings you used? the exif addon for firefox is not seeing a whole lot

Thank you...There is no exif data on these as I copied and pasted from Flickr(don't do that often). The setup I used is Sony A300 Dslr with the Minolta 70-210 f/4 "Beercan". Used fill flash on a number of the pics to lessen harsh shadows, since most of these were taken in bright sunlight just after noon.

ps All pics were shot wide open, at f/4

ronin2307 Apr 6, 2010 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawgwild (Post 1075601)
Thank you...There is no exif data on these as I copied and pasted from Flickr(don't do that often). The setup I used is Sony A300 Dslr with the Minolta 70-210 f/4 "Beercan". Used fill flash on a number of the pics to lessen harsh shadows, since most of these were taken in bright sunlight just after noon.

ps All pics were shot wide open, at f/4

yeah i could see the sony part but all else got stripped. thx for sharing. this gives me even more motivation to get an external flash for my XSi. your shots look amazing to me

Hawgwild Apr 6, 2010 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronin2307 (Post 1075604)
yeah i could see the sony part but all else got stripped. thx for sharing. this gives me even more motivation to get an external flash for my XSi. your shots look amazing to me

People look at you funny when you use an external outdoors, but it can make a HUGE difference. Indoors, with bounce from ceiling or wall, it's just phenomenal!

DSProtection Apr 6, 2010 2:56 PM

Wonderfully beautiful photos.
Best regards/Daniel

Hawgwild Apr 7, 2010 1:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSProtection (Post 1075745)
Wonderfully beautiful photos.
Best regards/Daniel

Thank you, Daniel, very much for the nice words.

lomitamike Apr 7, 2010 2:42 PM

Well done! Great looking family.

ruthless Apr 7, 2010 3:36 PM

Superb.

Hawgwild Apr 7, 2010 6:34 PM

Thanks Mike and Ruthless, and to all who responded, I'm frankly blown away! I do the best I can with what I have, and it's very encouraging to get this kind of positive feedback. Thanks again!

bulls3y3 Apr 10, 2010 7:10 AM

Quick question for the pros on here...

Which lens and setting do I need on my canon xsi, in order to capture pictures like the OPs?

Thx

ronin2307 Apr 10, 2010 8:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bulls3y3 (Post 1077375)
Quick question for the pros on here...

Which lens and setting do I need on my canon xsi, in order to capture pictures like the OPs?

Thx


a few posts before the OP said this:

The setup I used is Sony A300 Dslr with the Minolta 70-210 f/4 "Beercan". Used fill flash on a number of the pics to lessen harsh shadows, since most of these were taken in bright sunlight just after noon.

ps All pics were shot wide open, at f/4


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:53 AM.