Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Oct 19, 2006, 7:05 AM   #1

Greetings everyone!

Well here are some photos from my wedding, which was a few weeks ago. I recently got back from honeymoon and I have selected a few favourites which were made by my wife's cousin (Tami, who used my Canon 350D camera with 28-135mm lens attached) on the day of our wedding to be our "backup photographer").

Of course I was a good boy and didn't take a single photo during the whole 24 hours of our wedding day. :G So I can't take credit for these photos.... nor can I be blamed for any poor shots... :blah: But seriously Tami did well using the camera.

#1 - my wife Tundi, and her parents. No need for "in-laws" jokes, they're genuinely nice people... :|

Attached Images

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 19, 2006, 7:07 AM   #2

#2 - from Left to Right

Kim (younger brother ala: "the tall one"), me (with the orange tie, ala: "me") , my lovely wife Tundi (ala: "the beautiful one") and my twin brother Rob (ala: "the strong one").
Attached Images

Old Oct 19, 2006, 7:09 AM   #3

#3 - some of Tundi's relatives. Left to right again:

cousin Huni, aunt Valeria, Tundi, me and cousin Tami (who took the rest of the photos with my camera on the day apart from this one of course...)
Attached Images

Old Oct 19, 2006, 7:10 AM   #4

#4 - photo number one of my mum and my wife Tundi. My mother and both my brothers travelled from Australia to Romania for our wedding. They all love Romania very much (my mother has been in Romania 2 times before, but for both my brothers it was their first visit).
Attached Images

Old Oct 19, 2006, 7:12 AM   #5

#5 - photo number two of my mum and my wife (you could say... they are "the two women in my life" :blah.

I'm not sure which photo of my mum and my wife (#4 or #5) is better (or to be preferred). Any suggestions?

thanks for looking.

Paul
Attached Images

Old Oct 19, 2006, 7:36 AM   #6
Super Moderator

Good to see the shots...... not sure that I would want to get on the wrong side of aunt Valeria though :shock:

As for which is the better shot of your wife and mum I would like to see a mix of both. I like Tundi's smile in the first but the 2nd shot is less harsh from the flash.

COOL!!!
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2006, 5:41 AM   #7

Mark,

Apologies with the delay in reply... (busy week and weekend and still adjusting to being home as a married man now!)

Well, aunt Vali has a heart of gold, though I'd agree this doesn't shine through in this photo!

I think you've hit the nail on the head about the 2 "Tundi and mum" photos... yes you're right about smile vs flash. I won't even attempt a "cut and paste" of the two photos to get a better result.... I don't think I'm that skilled with Photoshop, nor do I have the time! :-)

Thanks again for your comments and for looking.

Paul
Old Oct 23, 2006, 7:19 AM   #8
Super Moderator

Hi Paul,

Well if you ever do get the time here is a quick idea of what you will be able to get if you go for an edit.All I have done is soften the skin tones to give a more flattering look. Hope you don't mine.

Mark
Attached Images

Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 2:01 AM   #9

Thanks Mark!

It's a good quick edit. I see some skin smoothing technique you've applied, to get rid of the harsh flash (reflection in the skin). thanks!

It does look better... and I'm sure if with more time an even superior result could be obtained. You've demonstrated how a quick edit with some appropriate PP knowledge is so helpful!

Much appreciated!

Paul
Old Oct 25, 2006, 7:45 PM   #10

Paul, thank you sharingyour treasure chest with us Cousin Tami has the looks of a pro whodoes a good job under pressure! I am also honoured to meet your brothers, mom and Tundi's side...All very sympathic, outgoingpeople, I can say, even at the first sight. Ah, you've done ageat job bringing these kind people from two different spheres of the world! About the comparison between the 4th and the 5th shots, I'd favour the fourth one...for it vigorously depicts two people from very different geographiesas well as genetical and fenotypical inheritance, hugging each other that sincerely and strongly! I'm simply knockingon wood Well done
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote