Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Oct 23, 2006, 10:37 AM   #1

I am very open to any comments, suggestions, or critiques. I used a Kodak P880,swivel/bounce external flash, L-shaped flash bracket, and a black curtain...
and this is the best one I captured...

I am not a professional, by far, and I hope thisdid notoffend any of the amazing talent I have seen in this forum.Like I said before,please feel free to leaveany comments, suggestions, or critiques.
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 23, 2006, 10:53 AM   #2

I think this shot is a very nice...Good composition and a cute subject...However.......
I am not a big fan on soft pictures...I know some shots do need the soft look but with
young children, I prefer a sharper look....Also, your photo is a bit dark for me....I did a little edit on the picture, hope you dont mind....You may like your style better and that is ok...If we were all the same, then photos would be boring...Good picture...I would like to see more.....
john

One other thing....Next time you want to make a b/w...If you use photoshop, instead of clicking the remove color button and getting just b/w, go into the enhance photo
and remove the saturation to about 95% or so...This will give you b/w but just a touch
less than the pure b/w....try it both ways and you will see what i mean...alot of big name pro's do their b/w's this way ....removing the color gives you a full b/w, removing the saturation gives you control on how you want the shot to look....
Attached Images

John at the Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2006, 8:59 PM   #3

Yes, I suppose it was a bit dark, I like how yours looks better, but it was just a quick edit, and my final product was sharpened more than the one I posted on here. I do use the saturation to convert to b/w, but I just put it all the way down, I have never thought about just removing MOST of the color. I am really thinking about doing some more of these for other family members... maybe even some matching ones of her brother just so my sister-in-law can put matching pictures of them up in her house because she fell in love with that picture and had me print her a couple. I will definatelykeep your suggestions in mind next time.

Thanks,
Nick
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2006, 6:27 AM   #4

Great shot!
bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote