Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Dec 1, 2006, 4:47 PM   #11
Super Moderator

Graham, don't worry about it, most of the time people will say something especially if you ask however not always and I posed the very question a while ago in the sports forum (where I spend most of my time). Have a look at http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=82where you can see what was said.

Don't take it personally (well not yet anyway, give it a month or two), most of the guys (that includes the girls, to me guys is unisex) here are very helpful and keen to improve and help others do the same. You will quickly realise who are the best to help and give advice in different sections.

Dave, I love that last shot, it is fab. Great composition and you simply could not ask for any better facial expressions..... very nice work. Give the USM a try and you will be amazed at the difference. Most people have it as a general part of their work-flow and it is often the last thing done after sorting curves, colour, crop, straightening, touching up etc (these were not in any particular order).

When you are playing is PS I would up the contrast on the shots as they are a little flat, what settings are you shooting with on the camera as this might have something to do with it?

Keep on shooting the happy family.

Mark
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2006, 1:27 AM   #12
dd_

had a play with the unsharp etc in photoshop (cant rem what settings i had the cam at sorry)
is this on the right track?

dd_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2006, 5:18 AM   #13
Super Moderator

Yep that looks much better.

There is a great little programme that will tell you what settings were used in your pics and also those on the web that still have the Exif attached. It is called Opanda iExif and it's great. I think PS also has something to tell you camera settings but not sure.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 6:08 AM   #14
dd_

here ya go. pretty handy app as it even tells you even though i resaved in photoshop. so thanks for the tip

Old Dec 2, 2006, 6:10 AM   #15
Super Moderator

That's cool. I just wanted to see if there was anything that was making them look flat but think that it is just the flash meaning you need to up contrast (as I think you did in your last edit) slightly to give a better feel.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 6:12 AM   #16
dd_

indeed i did
the exif is cool i can even look at the exif details for your avitar