Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Apr 1, 2007, 5:18 PM   #11

Latvia? I thought you were in Milan?
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2007, 3:04 AM   #12

I am sorry I have mixed your mind up.. I am a latvian in Milan. Evita is still in Latvia..

But I have to add another thing.. I am surprised to see so many kids with blonde hair here, in Milano. And with blue and green eyes. Actually I can't see Italians of north Italy much different from Latvians - blond hair, no dark eyes. if brown. they are hazel or almost green.. the stereotype of an italian - black hair, dark skin, dark brown eyes.. it's only south part.. (this is what other latvians think how do the italians look)
DigitalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2007, 7:26 AM   #13

I guess the genes in Milan are influenced by Northwestern Europe, while the genes in southern Italy are influenced by the Mediterranean cultures. And that leaves Northeastern Europe (i.e.: Latvia) with dark hair and blue eyes.

It still make s for a striking image for the rest of us. (Well, me at least.)

BTW, have you gotten a new camera yet? I was browsing through your photos on flickr, and thought that an obvious component of your photography is that you always have your camera with you. It would be a shame if that were to change.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 1:45 PM   #14

Nope.. I still have my ole sony digicam.. And.. I am thinking about what you guys were saying about the possible choises.. With my current lifestile I hardly can believe I ll be able to use dSLR the same way I am using my sony V1.. I think I have to postpone dSLR for a bit later.. and now, since I have read about the ne Sony DSC-H9.. I can't find a peace anymore.. Waiting for the first proper review..

What do you think about my idea?
Old Apr 2, 2007, 2:14 PM   #15

I think you're wise to wait for a review. The H9 and H7 look nice, and the 3 inch (76mm) screen on the H9 would be a pleasure to use. I would worry about the sharpness of a 15x zoom, but if anyone can do it well, Carl Zeiss can. The specs didn't mention aperature, so there's no indication of the kind of depth of field you might be able to work with.

Keep an eye on the SonyPoint & Shoot forum, but don't forget us here in "Post Your Photos".
Old Apr 2, 2007, 2:28 PM   #16

OK!

About an aperture.. this was the only question I got from my friend about this camera..

Sony site says the following: Aperture Range --- Auto, (f2.7-5.6W)/(f4.5-8T)

Code:
http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=XBlAC0RETI5B_wJVFh5KAAtKvVHo4vbzCms=?CategoryName=dcc_DIDigitalCameras_megapixels_8&ProductSKU=DSCH9%2fB&TabName=specs&var2=
I am really curious about this camera. I like the Night Shot option it has (I have it also with mine).. but I ll miss a Night Framing though.. if I ll ever get this camera.. It seems to be very nice one.. I ll wait for it..