Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Apr 12, 2007, 7:33 AM   #11

Thank you! Your comments are very encouraging! Let's see.. sooner or later I'll post again.. I love to share!
DigitalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2007, 4:59 PM   #12

Great shots Dgal!!! I liked them all, but shot #2 is priceless!!! The children facial expresion and the b&w conversion somehow complement each other. Good work!

Kas

Kaspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2007, 4:49 AM   #13

Thank you one more time!

I am considering to get some of these printed.. I have no prints of my pics.. Since I've got a digicam, no printed pictures.. all of them are in PC, DVDs, Internet..

It's actually a question.. How often do you print your pics? I find it really hard to choose them for printing. And I haven't a printer at home.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 9:27 PM   #14

great shots! i really like #4. she looks like a professional, making her way to work. :D

well done!!!!
Dr. Mr. Vandertramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2007, 2:56 AM   #15

THank you! hehe.. a professional - yes! for my camera.. I don't have to invesnt situations ever.. All I have to do is just to follow her.. like a shadow..
Old Apr 14, 2007, 3:49 AM   #16

DigitalGal wrote:
Quote:
Thank you one more time!

I am considering to get some of these printed.. I have no prints of my pics.. Since I've got a digicam, no printed pictures.. all of them are in PC, DVDs, Internet..

It's actually a question.. How often do you print your pics? I find it really hard to choose them for printing. And I haven't a printer at home.
I just recently started to print some of mine. Felt the need to spruce up my walls a bit. ;b
Gerafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2007, 12:11 PM   #17

Very nice pics,very natural
Redsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2007, 2:17 AM   #18

DigitalGal wrote:
Quote:
Thank you one more time!

you might consider getting a digital photoframe? you can view many of your excellent shots then! out of interest, how do you get your pictures to look so clean and sharp - which lens do you use?

dumfriesdick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2007, 7:23 AM   #19

Digital photoframe is something I don't like at all.. it would be only one pic at a time.. I just have to start to get some pics printed.. I print only those which I want to put in an album for to give as a gift.. for other family members. I like to personalize album covers..

About the lens.. I have an old (I have to admit that) sony compact digicam DSC-V1 with Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar lense..

I love sony colors and clearness.. As you can see I haven't arrived to another cam yet.. I have got too much other expenses.. so I still have to play with my V1..
Old Apr 18, 2007, 8:39 PM   #20

DigitalGal wrote:
Quote:
Thank you one more time!

After seing what a huracaine did to my mother's house in Puerto Rico where she lived (she now lives in the US), I now back up all of my pics on a different hardrive, dvd disk and my favorite pics I have them printed in 4x6 and 8x10s. The huracaine was back in 2000 and I can still remember when I went to see her. She lost everything house and all. But she did not care about the house, furniture, electronics, etc. "All of those things can be replaced"...she said. Then she walks into her walk in closet and pulls out a 3 big photo albums and a shoe box. Inside the shoe box were water damaged photos. And all the photos in all three albums were damaged as well. The water damage was so bad that you could not tell what the pictures were about. She was crying when she told me that those pictures are the only thing that she would like to have back. Those can't be replaced. Although where I live am quite far away from huracaine threat, we get alot of tornadoes around here and there is always threat of floods. So I just rather play it safe and back up as much as I can. Specially when it comes to pictures of my two chilren.
Kaspian is offline   Reply With Quote