Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old May 17, 2007, 8:25 PM   #1
Administrator

I was just going through some snapshots from a couple of weekends ago taken at a dance recital, and I thought I'd post a few of them here. This is from one set. I've got some more after a costume change from another set.

This is my great niece Amara. She's my younger Sister's Daughter's youngest child. Was that a mouthful, or what? :?

Amara is two years old.

I was shooting using a Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D wearing a Minolta 100mm f/2 at ISO 1600 without a flash, crouching down in the middle of the isles trying not to block anyone's view. The fancy footwork and hand movement from Amara's dancing caused a touch of motion blur in some. :-)

Great, it's my turn. Here we go!

This move should impress the crowd. :G

Now for some fancy footwork. :-)

A group shot with some of the other dancers.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 18, 2007, 3:29 AM   #2

What a beautiful and charming little girl.. Very artistic! You have done a great job here! I really like all the shots..

I am eager to see the other photos as well..
DigitalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2007, 6:24 AM   #3

Very nice pictures, cute little girl with great dance moves
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2007, 11:32 AM   #4

Great shots Jim! I really like the group shot
cmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2007, 4:38 PM   #5
Administrator

DigitalGal wrote:
Quote:
What a beautiful and charming little girl.. Very artistic! You have done a great job here! I really like all the shots..
Thanks. She's a cutie pie.

The only problem is that I need to take about a year off to process some images (too many photos, never enough time to mess with them). I must have hundreds of Amara that I've never done anything with other than save them to my PCs. I tend to take lots and lots of photos, and never get around to actually doing anything with all but a select few. She looked "extra cute" in some of these, so I decided to upload a few. lol My brother-in-law comes by from time to time, and I let him browse through photos I've taken of the kids (nieces, nephews, grandkids) and pick some he likes for printing. Other than the ones he wants prints of, the rest just stay buried in folders. lol

Quote:
With 2 year olds like Amara, the dance studio personnel had a hard time just getting them to stay at the right place on the stage, much less do anything else. lol They really had fun though.

The second set was mostly leading them through some areas with toys, letting them walk across a beam on the floor while making sure they didn't fall, etc. When I get a chance, I may post a few anyway. Amara was all grins the entire show (she had a super time).

hercules, cmoy

Thanks for the comments.

All:

BTW, Amara is no longer my "younger Sister's Daughter's youngest child". As of 2:10AM yesterday morning, my niece has a new child, which is her fourth (now two boys, two girls). Lily is now her youngest child (and my newest great niece), and Amara now has a younger sister. So, that means yet another child to take snapshots of for years to come. :-)

My wife and I will be leaving to visit them (my niece and new great niece) in about an hour (she's still in the hospital after a c-section was needed for the delivery). Mother and Baby are doing just fine from all reports.

Old May 19, 2007, 6:23 PM   #6

great set

nice work

ken
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2007, 9:53 PM   #7
Administrator

Thanks Ken.

JimC wrote:
Quote:
DigitalGal wrote:
Quote:
[snip]
The second set was mostly leading them through some areas with toys, letting them walk across a beam on the floor while making sure they didn't fall, etc. When I get a chance, I may post a few anyway. Amara was all grins the entire show (she had a super time).
OK -- I downsized a few from the second set. Here is the beam across the floor I mentioned. That's about all there was to it. She was having lots of fun though. :-)

Bye Bye

Old May 19, 2007, 10:05 PM   #8
Administrator

This is Lily (born yesterday), Amara's new little sister (my new great niece) and their mother Crystal (my niece), taken this evening in the hospital when my wife and I visited them briefly.

Old May 20, 2007, 10:33 PM   #9

Congrats.

Amara is adorable. I guess she'll have to share the spot light now.

dr_spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2007, 12:17 PM   #10

JimC.. from this:
Quote:
The only problem is that I need to take about a year off to process some images (too many photos, never enough time to mess with them). I must have hundreds of Amara that I've never done anything with other than save them to my PCs. I tend to take lots and lots of photos, and never get around to actually doing anything with all but a select few. She looked "extra cute" in some of these, so I decided to upload a few. lol My brother-in-law comes by from time to time, and I let him browse through photos I've taken of the kids (nieces, nephews, grandkids) and pick some he likes for printing. Other than the ones he wants prints of, the rest just stay buried in folders. lol
I can say only the following - welcome to the club!

I am exactly in the same situation.. printing only those obligatory pics for a family, because they are always asking, what am I going to do with so many pics.. I am always with my cam in hand. No collaboration from anyone, so I am also deleting some part of family event photos. If indoors, they are too blurry to be kept.. I don't like using flash. Only then, if I need a shot for sure.

To my Flickr friends I have said a few times already - even if I wouldn't have been taking a single pic anymore, I w'd be still able to upload at least 10 pics a day for to share with them..

Ehh.. sooner or later we will arrive.. Good luck!

Thank you for sharing more photos of this adorable company.. They are beautiful.. And growing up too fast..

DigitalGal is offline   Reply With Quote