Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Sep 22, 2007, 7:15 AM   #1

Hi everyone!

I am interested in your feedback on this photo. My wife Tundi and I were out for a walk in Adelaide today, along the Torrens river, which has nice nature along both sides of the bank, just a few minutes from the city centre.

We were at a spot where she was viewing some big eucalyptus trees and some birds in them... and I quickly took a photo of her, to preserve her expression and the sunlight (interestingly soft lighting filtered through the trees).

I think I caught a fairly good moment.... but what do you think? Any suggestions, feedback, comments, improvements?

Regards,

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 22, 2007, 8:22 AM   #2

pj1974 wrote:
Quote:
Hi everyone!
I think I caught a fairly good moment.... but what do you think? Any suggestions, feedback, comments, improvements?
Dear friend!In the first placeI am happy to seea renowned member of Steve's is back, at last :!:

As for the picture: I really shareyour above mentionedthoughts about it...The expression you capturedonher facedoes justice tothe subject of her observation.Perhaps you could include a bit more of her includingher shoulder...Btw, despite my limited acquaintance with her and the relatively short period since I last saw her pics. I should say I observed somewhat even a more matured Tundi. Ah,perhaps due tothe wisdom you've been sharing: )

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2007, 4:29 PM   #3

Thanks Bahadir,

Though your words (renowned?!) are too kind! It is good to be back.

Your insightfulness is appreciated... you see through the photo to the scene and the people! Unfortunately the way I took this photo and here is no more "shoulder" to Tundi... but I did crop a bit off the back of her head / hat which I found distracted from the "gazing" feel ...

Here is the original composition (less crop) with a very quick (1 minute) edit to bring out the colours / softness a bit more (that will teach me to do a crop FIRST and then do the editting!) I should've done the crop last!

As to whether that is a more mature Tundi since the last posted photos of her... that's certainly possible! I guess being married (for exactly a year... we married 23rd Sep 2006) does that to us. At least I hope I've matured somewhat! :-):-) We enjoy our life together!

Paul
Old Sep 25, 2007, 6:25 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Hey Paul, it is great to see you back and this is a lovely shot and the tighter crop works really well. That lighting is really nice and soft which is cool!!!

How is Tundi doing being so far from home, have you both settled well now?

Blessings,

Mark
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2007, 2:36 AM   #5

Happy to hear your enjoyment oflife my friend! Ah,Itoo do not neglect blessing after each mealI enjoy : ) 'Marriage is always good' according to a philosopher.'If your wifeis good you become happy, if she's not, you become a philosopher' he would say :-)

Btw, I should say I also prefer the tighter crop, since the original shot does not include more of her shoulder, as you say. Oh, please give my regards toyour 'even more beautified'subject

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2007, 3:33 PM   #6

lovely lady nicely captured, good bokeh.....................musket
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2007, 5:45 AM   #7

i really like candid shots

nice work here.
Ken
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2007, 5:28 AM   #8

Thanks Mark, Bahadir, Musket and Ken for all your respective replies!

Indeed I'm so thankful that Tundi allows me a generous amount of "camera & photos time" as well as her being an appropriate subject on which to practise some of my camera skills!

(mark, great to be back and see your inspiring work too!)

(bahadir... thankfully I'm still a happy husband... not got to the philosopher stage!)

(musket, glad you appreciate BOTH the lady and the bokeh! good on you :G)

(ken, yeah the occasional quick candid can turn out all right, hey! Thanks for your valued feedback.)

warm regards everyone

Paul