Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Nov 28, 2007, 1:39 PM   #1

I have been using my inspiration to make some more portraits.. using the images from the same morning.. For me happens this way - time for shooting.. time for PP.. time for sharing.. time for watching.. etc.
[line][line][line]And here is my 1st try in low key imaging.. The same photo, two different angles..

[line][line]
More to come.. I think.. Have a great evening! Thank you, my friends! Your interest and support has been much appreciated always..

DigitalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 28, 2007, 1:58 PM   #2

I have to say I like the second picture very much. Your daughters skin looks perfect. As for the black and whites I dont like them at all. I prefer to see children depicted as children and not worrysome or in pain or upset. Im not sure if its the pose or it being black and white. She definately doesnt look happy.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2007, 9:13 PM   #3

Lovely girl and nice poses, but I think your white balance was off. I compared them to your Zorro posting, which looked more natural.
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2007, 3:05 AM   #4

Dagnija is a little actress.. her face is so animated.. and she is my only model.. her expresssion changes every second.. I won't wonder if she ll really become a dramatic/comic actress when grown up.. So it is not as painful as it seems to be (to Bynx)..

A Zorro shot has been done with Lumix FZ50 using flash, because there was no light (only a small tungsten lamp, because I was reading a book in my bedroom when she has appeard in front of me in Zorro costume..

The other Photos are taken with my sony dsc-v1 indoors.. catching the only ray of sun coming from the window, but not being close to it.. I have used a point metering in portrait mode and exposure lock on the brightest spot. Not caring for a white balance at all.. I gave all the importance to the detail and light balance to get this light/dark effect.. all the rest is PP.. to make the image more drammatic.. using the material that Dagnija has kindly provided to me..

Well.. this was a short description of a process.. Thanks for hav9ing a look at my work. Your considerations in comments are much appreciated!
Old Nov 29, 2007, 3:58 AM   #5

Your black and whites make me feel like they are candid shots taken by a news photographer covering a disaster scene and your daughter was somehow involved. They arent flattering, but they are real.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2007, 10:04 AM   #6

Even better! This means that I have reached the target! Thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2007, 7:41 AM   #7

DigitalGal wrote:
Quote:
Dagnija is a little actress.. her face is so animated.. and she is my only model.. her expresssion changes every second.. I won't wonder if she ll really become a dramatic/comic actress when grown up.. So it is not as painful as it seems to be (to Bynx)..

A Zorro shot has been done with Lumix FZ50 using flash, because there was no light (only a small tungsten lamp, because I was reading a book in my bedroom when she has appeard in front of me in Zorro costume..

The other Photos are taken with my sony dsc-v1 indoors.. catching the only ray of sun coming from the window, but not being close to it.. I have used a point metering in portrait mode and exposure lock on the brightest spot. Not caring for a white balance at all.. I gave all the importance to the detail and light balance to get this light/dark effect.. all the rest is PP.. to make the image more drammatic.. using the material that Dagnija has kindly provided to me..

Well.. this was a short description of a process.. Thanks for hav9ing a look at my work. Your considerations in comments are much appreciated!
Inspiringexamples(all four!)of your technical and compositional merits, Irena, which signal to an underlying passionate soul : )

Thanks to your eloboration#4 has now become my favourite!

Otherwise, I especially liked #2, in which I find the yellow (my favourite colour!)cast gives quite a psychological boost (remember mythicalstoryof Psyche*)along with the aspect Bynxput above well regarding the skin!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2007, 5:06 PM   #8

Great photography and PP, but some of the expressions are not what I like to see

..............................musket
musket is offline   Reply With Quote