Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 13, 2008, 3:58 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default



There's no dedicated skateboardarena aroundwith ramps, etc. except for the flat onesgood for roller skate! But never mind! Abondoned building remains,inclinednarrow roads which are seldomly usedcan all make good places forpractice, we search around our house :-) (on board fill flash used..)






Attached Images
 
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 13, 2008, 7:55 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
musket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,782
Default

bahadir wrote:
Quote:

There's no dedicated skateboardarena aroundwith ramps, etc. except for the flat onesgood for roller skate! But never mind! Abondoned building remains,inclinednarrow roads which are seldomly usedcan all make good places forpractice, we search around our house :-) (on board fill flash used..)





Good shot, unusual framing..............musket.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2008, 1:06 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default



Thank you musket! I wanted to try sth different, oh at least for framing,to match his excitement at the time of shooting : )
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2008, 8:56 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
pj1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Posts: 2,914
Default

Hi Bahadir

This is a fine photograph of your fine young song enjoying himself!

It is indeed an interesting framing decision you have chosen, as musket also points out, and as you stated, you wanted to capture the excitement of the moment by framing differently. It's good. Though I find the part of the left looks dark purple, rather than black.

You did well to exposure and capture this, with strong background light. I expect your onboard fill flash helped to present the subject, your son, in "good light"!

It looks like this is a good hobby for him. Though I hope there will be a dedicated skateboard park and appropriate facilities for him (and friends!) in time.

The path way between what looks like some dust or rubble aptly matches his direction on the skateboard.

Thanks for sharing.

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2008, 2:13 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Calicajun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Quartz Hill, CA
Posts: 3,455
Default

Good shot, now get him a helmet and pads.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2008, 5:58 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

pj1974 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Bahadir

This is a fine photograph of your fine young song enjoying himself!

It is indeed an interesting framing decision you have chosen, as musket also points out, and as you stated, you wanted to capture the excitement of the moment by framing differently. It's good. Though I find the part of the left looks dark purple, rather than black.

You did well to exposure and capture this, with strong background light. I expect your onboard fill flash helped to present the subject, your son, in "good light"!

It looks like this is a good hobby for him. Though I hope there will be a dedicated skateboard park and appropriate facilities for him (and friends!) in time.

The path way between what looks like some dust or rubble aptly matches his direction on the skateboard.

Thanks for sharing.

Paul
Dear Paul, thank you so much for thequite rewardingfeedback !! Yea, the comparatively strong backlight, considering my low angle of shooting, required the use of flash! I wouldn't try the hdr this time, at least:GActually, I didn't care muchabout changing the dark purple corner at first, but after your reminder, I found it necessary to edit it. Thank you for the reminder!As for the dedicated skateboard park, I'd like to open the first one out of necessity :-)Ah, perhaps I can propose it to our good major: http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...amp;forum_id=5:idea: As youwisely put it, I do wish he'll have appopriate friends dealing with this great activity, as I did dealing with my hobbiesOnce again It'sbeen sopleasing towitness how you 'read' a picture thanks to your keen observation, my friend!

.................................................. ..................

Calicajun wrote:

Quote:
Good shot, now get him a helmet and pads.
Thank you for your appreciation and good advice, my fiend: )Actually he might fallocccasionally during his practice, at least causing sometrivail bruise, which I impose him as 'part of the game'! Ah, my wife, too,didwarn meabout the safety equipment!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2008, 3:41 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Calicajun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Quartz Hill, CA
Posts: 3,455
Default

Bahadir,

Didn't mean to over step my bounds, it's just skateboard has been popular here in the USA since I was your son's age (and that's a lot of years:G) and have seen all too many people get hurt and that makes me worry about kids getting hurt. That and the fact I'm sitting here typing one handed because I didn't take playing around (karate) with my son seriously and tore the bicep tendon from the bone. Yes, my wife has been telling me "I told you so" and the doctor says I'll be able to use a camera again in about five more months.

BTW, the fill flash work out great in that picture.










Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2008, 7:56 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default



Oh, I too remember skateboardbeing very popular about where I live when I was a teenager...But could never find the opportunity to deal with it among many other sportive activities of mine!Now, I'm pleased to see my son's enthusiasm in it, besides my daughter's being quite good at roller skate as well as ice skating : )

Btw, get well soon, my friend! Sorry to hear you got hurt while practicing with your son...To tell the truth, I still can't believe I have received theworst physical pains of my life from my boy:? You might even learn to shoot withone handdurind thosefive months though!! Ah, I remember notfullytaking the doctor's advice for the sake of photography andnow I have aslightly upraised little finger, regardingsome tendon, while holding a goblet:-)
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2008, 11:10 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Calicajun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Quartz Hill, CA
Posts: 3,455
Default

bahadir,

Guess I'm just not as tough as I thought I was in my youth.:?Never was much good at skateboarding but loved ice skating, hope your daughter keeps it up.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2008, 5:27 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

Calicajun wrote:
Quote:
bahadir,

Guess I'm just not as tough as I thought I was in my youth.:?Never was much good at skateboarding but loved ice skating, hope your daughter keeps it up.
So it's time to start good old 'push ups' again, my friend :-)

Thank you for the good wish for my daughter! Ah, she often even wears her roller skates instead ofregular shoes as she goes out!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 8:48 AM.