Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Sep 15, 2008, 4:15 PM   #1

I decided to try out my new Fuji S100fs i think It's a great bridge camera, the high ISO isn't like my 450D but i think it was worth the 550.00 Euro i paid for it, this is my daughter Katerina with my wifes brothers newborn, ISO 400 F/3.2 1/9th of a second.
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 17, 2008, 5:12 AM   #2

With her pretty cousine on her lap your daughter looks really photogenic in thisframe you captured, arkadaş WBlooksa bit off to me though, which is a breeze to fix ; ) Well, if I had the 450D, I'dinvest on a prime lens for such captures ratherthan spending the Euros for a bridge camera (As far as I remember you've already sold it, haven't you?):-)

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2008, 5:32 AM   #3

bahadir wrote:
Quote:

With her pretty cousine on her lap your daughter looks really photogenic in thisframe you captured, arkadaş WBlooksa bit off to me though, which is a breeze to fix ; ) Well, if I had the 450D, I'dinvest on a prime lens for such captures ratherthan spending the Euros for a bridge camera (As far as I remember you've already sold it, haven't you?):-)

Thanks for your nice words my friend, the 450D with the 50 1.8 prime lens i have would've did a much better job lets face it, as for the fuji it is sold but he won't have the money till the end of the month, also i am thinking of buying the Sigma AF 30mm f/1.4 EX HSM DC that is supposed to be really good
Old Oct 13, 2008, 5:14 AM   #4

Hi Herc

Great photo of two attractive lovely young ladies. I think young baby relatives can bring out the maternal instincts in any young woman!

It's obvious your daughter is holding your niece with great care and affection. I agree with Bahadir, the colour is a bit off, but that shouldn't be too hard to fix.

I like the 50mm f1.8 on my Canon 350D, but focus is rather hit and miss, so I often taken several shots to ensure one is sharp enough.

Your daughter is one of those people who (to me) could be difficult to judge her age correctly. I could think between 15 and 20, but I'll say 16 because of the pink teddy which I guess is hers? ["Sweet 16|]. (sorry if I'm wrong - no offence meant).

The baby's eyes are SO dark! Very cute! Do you think the baby moved when you took the photo? It looks like the baby is a bit blurry, but your daughter clearer.

Thanks for sharing.

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2008, 6:45 AM   #5

pj1974 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Herc

Great photo of two attractive lovely young ladies. I think young baby relatives can bring out the maternal instincts in any young woman!

It's obvious your daughter is holding your niece with great care and affection. I agree with Bahadir, the colour is a bit off, but that shouldn't be too hard to fix.

I like the 50mm f1.8 on my Canon 350D, but focus is rather hit and miss, so I often taken several shots to ensure one is sharp enough.

Your daughter is one of those people who (to me) could be difficult to judge her age correctly. I could think between 15 and 20, but I'll say 16 because of the pink teddy which I guess is hers? ["Sweet 16|]. (sorry if I'm wrong - no offence meant).

The baby's eyes are SO dark! Very cute! Do you think the baby moved when you took the photo? It looks like the baby is a bit blurry, but your daughter clearer.

Thanks for sharing.

Paul
Thank you Paul you are right my daughter is 16yrs old (my oldest), the picture was taken with my Fuji S100fs that i sold recently and as right now i just bought a Sigma 30 1.4 prime that is really nice and sold my ef-s 17-85 and bought a Tamron 17-50 2.8 that is very good, now i also am waiting for the Tamron 18-270 VC that will be released here in about 2 weeks for an all in one lens now the baby was just all over the place with her arms couldn't get her to stand still.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 6:44 AM   #6

Thanks for your reply post, Hercules. Wow, I guessed your daughter's age correctly!!

I think now that I have had a DSLR for about 3 years, I find it less satisfying using a P&S, though surely at times they are more convenient (size, portability).

The Tamron 18-270mm VR lens is an ambitious super zoom, I would be keen to hear your experiences with it - also the Sigma 30mm f1.4 Hope you'll post some more photos soon. The Sigma could help "freeze" the busy baby! :!:

Regards

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2008, 6:36 AM   #7

aww lovely pic

robb01 is offline   Reply With Quote