Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Oct 5, 2008, 5:49 PM   #1

That's a genuine candid shot of my sister in law as she was picking some stuff for the salad from the backgarden. I simplyI liked how it turned out : )

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 13, 2008, 4:58 AM   #2

Hello B!

Well, a very well caught candid indeed!

Your sister in law's obviously natural manner (I mean it is quite obviously not a posed photo)works great.

In the first few seconds of this photo I noticed two things.

1. The oof leaves in the foreground partly obscuring her body compliment her hair that is drifting across her face... to give that interest and feel of "question" in the photo (partly highlighting the "hidden" which can be such a powerful technique in photography)...

2. The red fruit (tomatoes?) in one hand and green leaves (herbs / leafy food?) in the other hand match the green and red pattern on her bikini top (or whatever that item of clothing is).

The colour of the ground and background is so much like Australia... I noticed that when I was in southern Greece (relatively close to you in Izmir, Turkey), that familiar "feel" and colour which exists both in the Meditteranean part of the world and many parts of Australia!

Thanks for sharing. I hope your sister in law also likes the photo!!

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2008, 8:56 AM   #3

pj1974 wrote:
Quote:
Hello B!

Well, a very well caught candid indeed!

Your sister in law's obviously natural manner (I mean it is quite obviously not a posed photo)works great.

In the first few seconds of this photo I noticed two things.

1. The oof leaves in the foreground partly obscuring her body compliment her hair that is drifting across her face... to give that interest and feel of "question" in the photo (partly highlighting the "hidden" which can be such a powerful technique in photography)...

2. The red fruit (tomatoes?) in one hand and green leaves (herbs / leafy food?) in the other hand match the green and red pattern on her bikini top (or whatever that item of clothing is).

The colour of the ground and background is so much like Australia... I noticed that when I was in southern Greece (relatively close to you in Izmir, Turkey), that familiar "feel" and colour which exists both in the Meditteranean part of the world and many parts of Australia!

Thanks for sharing. I hope your sister in law also likes the photo!!

Paul
Thank you my keen eyed friend! Thank you for yoursincere interest : )Yea, the soil is good for cultivating as well terra cotta, and we Aegeans have been placing vases on ourgraves for thousands of years! As for my sister in law; she was pleasedwhen I printed out a copy which looked even nicer than on the screenand gave her :-)
Old Oct 14, 2008, 6:57 AM   #4

The Australian Aboriginal people who have apparently lived in Australia for thousands of years I do not believe made the same terracotta products, but they did and do have close affinities with many of the natural elements.

I'm glad that your sister in law appreciated your fine candid of her. After all, that is what it is all about... that someone is happy with it! Good on you for printing her a copy.

Cheers

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2008, 4:50 AM   #5

pj1974 wrote:
Quote:
The Australian Aboriginal people who have apparently lived in Australia for thousands of years I do not believe made the same terracotta products, but they did and do have close affinities with many of the natural elements.

I'm glad that your sister in law appreciated your fine candid of her. After all, that is what it is all about... that someone is happy with it! Good on you for printing her a copy.
Sure! I should say I findthe aboriginal rock art quite interesting, for example!Well, when it comesto art,there's no society without it. Therecould besocieties without sculpture, but non without music! You might post some which I could includeas materialfor the curriculum; )

Btw, as forthatpicture of my sister in law, I liked her looking like Demeter for a while and just snapped. She, too, smiledupon hearingthe idea:-)

Old Oct 17, 2008, 7:07 AM   #6

A very nice candid shot of your sister in-law. Did she know you were stalking her with your camera?
shadokachr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2008, 7:32 AM   #7

shadokachr wrote:
Quote:
A very nice candid shot of your sister in-law. Did she know you were stalking her with your camera?
Thank you for the kind feedback!As for the good question; actually, I had no intention of upsetting her working and shot this picture @ 70mm tele end of my lensto be cropped. But you know, ladies can 'feel' a gaze from any direction or distanceSoIdidn't even ask! Well, whatever may or may not be the answer, I know that , quite fitting to her 'known' coolcharacter, she wouldn't payanyattention :-)
Old Oct 19, 2008, 4:39 PM   #8

I also like how this turned out my friend, very nice shot and there is nothing better than having fresh vegetables
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2008, 5:28 PM   #9

hercules wrote:
Quote:
I also like how this turned out my friend, very nice shot and there is nothing better than having fresh vegetables
Thank you my friend! Youmust beone of thosewhorichly enjoy that privilege thanks to your big garden there ; )
Old Oct 23, 2008, 6:34 AM   #10

nice shot

robb01 is offline   Reply With Quote