Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Oct 5, 2008, 9:03 PM   #1

Today we had portrait day in the Bynx house. This is one of my favorites.
Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 6, 2008, 3:12 AM   #2

Dear Paul, shooting portrait is a branch of Art, and judgingfrom the photo you posted at People Photos also,I should say you are quite capable at having people pose!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2008, 5:21 PM   #3

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2008, 2:09 PM   #4

Bynx,

I like this one. She has the look of a happy thought!!! I even like the hand:G

Mugmar
Mugmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2008, 7:20 PM   #5

As I said the day was portrait day. My daughter had a friend over for a sleepover. While sitting around I decided to try some portraits. The friend, being a guest, was first. When she smiled she was all gums with small teeth. Very distracting smile and not nice. I subtly asked her to put her hand up and position her fingers so her teeth were covered. I got a couple good shots and when I did my kids portraits I varied between hands up and hands down. I rather liked the hands look even down to the slight distortion made to my sons lips. Niki (my daughter) has nice nails so I like the way they look. As well as the nice expression she has on her face. Attached to this post one of the pics of her friend which I monkeyed with quite a bit. One last thing. When the picture was taken it was in the evening with the sun low. The lighting was poor so I bumped up the ISO to 800. That explains the graininess. The next day is when more shots were taken when the lighting was better and I shot at ISO 100.
Attached Images

Old Oct 12, 2008, 5:27 AM   #6

Lovely shots, although with the second you have to stand well back

to avoid the grainyness..........................musket
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2008, 7:37 AM   #7

Hey, good idea bringing your daughter'sfriendhere next toher!

There are somerenowned mastersin the history of art a few of whomI mentioned before,and again, whose worksmake the observer consider therole handsplay inconveying more of the character!Of course these are worksto ponder on rather thanexpectingthecutest glimse of the subject only! As I mentioned before I also liked the canvas look of the portrait, even somewhat emphasized by the chroma noise! Ithink a relativelymore dramatic and dispersing lightingfits more than that of a very smoothly gradational homogenious one fits more for such works...and your worksuggests that feel nicely, imo : )
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2008, 11:14 AM   #8

This is a comparison of the file I send (R) and the file as it appears on my monitor from Steve's (L). Has anyone ever noticed this big difference? Its pretty difficult to give or accept criticism when what appears from Steve's is so much different than what the file looks like from its original source.
Attached Images

Old Oct 15, 2008, 11:28 AM   #9

Hi Bynx,

The image that you see posted on the forum is the correct one. Your edit is too dark. For starters, you can adjust the brightness and contrast of your monitor so the original will look like you think your edit looks. I'll give you some more advice on the C&T forum.

Rodney

RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2008, 11:42 AM   #10

Well since this is my post I dont mind where it goes as long as someone benefits from it. Since Im looking at both photos (the same actually) from Steves and from my desktop on the same monitor the look of both should be the same. However when it comes back from Steves it looks bleached and washed out. Something happens when it gets there and posted as demonstrated above.