Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old May 30, 2009, 5:42 PM   #11

Dear Paul, I'm so happy to receive such an extensive feedback! As you also mentioned, thanks God, actually, there are mates around with good sense of humour! As for the last two; they are two different pictures almost direct from the camera but taken with and without fill flash for attaining different effects. The first one in which the boy's right eye you find to stand out beautifully, was the one taken without flash so as to experiment kind of chiaroscuro in photography benefitting from the dispersing quality of the uneven harsh lighting. Now, refrering your kind feedback, I'm happy to read, somehow, it worked for you !
Btw, my boy looks more like a bihikku or shaolin monk with very short hair since he started tae kwon do last summer : ) Oh, I miss him with hair from time to time...
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2009, 9:50 AM   #12

Great shots Bahadir! Handsome young man too. Reminds me of some pics I took of my son at the computer several years ago.
shadokachr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2009, 10:37 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadokachr View Post
Great shots Bahadir! Handsome young man too. Reminds me of some pics I took of my son at the computer several years ago.
Thank you for the kind words! Haha sure he'll recive an unexpected tweak on the cheek for this : ) Looks like the corners where computers stand are the modern shrines of the dwellings in 2000's AD . Btw, any link to those pictures from several years ago?
Old Jun 1, 2009, 10:43 AM   #14

Great shots of a good looking young lad.
vexedviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2009, 3:49 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexedviking View Post
Great shots of a good looking young lad.
Thank you for your kind appreciation, which calls for another unexpected tweak on his cheek
Old Jun 1, 2009, 4:11 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahadir View Post
Thank you for the kind words! Haha sure he'll recive an unexpected tweak on the cheek for this : ) Looks like the corners where computers stand are the modern shrines of the dwellings in 2000's AD . Btw, any link to those pictures from several years ago?
Only if I scan them. I was shooting mostly film back then.
shadokachr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2009, 11:45 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadokachr View Post
Only if I scan them. I was shooting mostly film back then.
I too have strips of negatives more than 10 years old awaiting to be scanned! Looking for a affordable scanner like my printer (ip4500), which can do as well as the local photolab! Please let me know when you've scanned and posted yours : )
Old Jun 14, 2009, 1:15 PM   #18

I like #4 best. The tightened chin and the hand posture makes it for me. The best depiction of focused attention.

I like the second picture of your son looking into the camera. The eyes are more interesting in the first, but one side of his face is overexposed in that one.
The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2009, 12:35 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
I like #4 best. The tightened chin and the hand posture makes it for me. The best depiction of focused attention.

I like the second picture of your son looking into the camera. The eyes are more interesting in the first, but one side of his face is overexposed in that one.
Thank you for your kind interest and insightful comment my friend! It seems #4 is the winner in the first set regarding the comments so far. As for the second set, one side of the face in #1 is overexposed intentionally, (or experimentally!!) so as to attain sth near 'chiaroscuro' in Baroque painting in the way Caravaggio did as I also explained above : )