Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Apr 15, 2009, 5:34 PM   #1

The followingcandids of my son were shotin theavailable lightofsome dim hour in the livingroomcontributed by 'the screen' only! The exifs are embedded..

1)

2)

3)

4)

Thanks for viewing!

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 16, 2009, 1:27 PM   #2

Hahaha, when they are absorbed in watching the screen, nothing can disturb them. I have some shots of my son looking the same, doing the same. Nice shots Bahadir. Keep em coming.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2009, 2:59 PM   #3

his stocks/shares must be taking a beating in shot 3:lol:number 4 my favourite
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2009, 3:46 PM   #4

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
Hahaha, when they are absorbed in watching the screen, nothing can disturb them. I have some shots of my son looking the same, doing the same. Nice shots Bahadir. Keep em coming.
Funny!Just as I was going to post the first picture I remembered that picture of your son with his hand on his face, which caused a lot stir :-) Thank you for the feedback my friend!

.................................................. .........

simple wrote:
Quote:
his stocks/shares must be taking a beating in shot 3:lol:number 4 my favourite
Hahaha,spot on association!! Only a cigar is missing between his fingers on his forehead:lol:Thank youfor indicating your favourite also!

Old Apr 18, 2009, 2:23 AM   #5

I liked the 1st one Bahadir. Contrasted lighting on the face is always my favourite. Probably a little more darkness on the less lighted part would create a better effect. What do you think?
siddhartho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2009, 5:02 PM   #6

siddhartho wrote:
Quote:
I liked the 1st one Bahadir. Contrasted lighting on the face is always my favourite. Probably a little more darkness on the less lighted part would create a better effect. What do you think?
Thank you for the feedback conveying your preference also.

So, 'what do I think?'Well...I should say I quite admire the use of 'chiaroscuro' in Baroque painting as in the way of Caravaggio! Whether or not he really applied photography in his painting, I admire his technique be used in photography : ) But all in good time! That is, some portraits may benefit from a subtle modelling to unify the subject, whereas some benefit a dramatic light and shade interplay to disperse the subject!

Below are two sequent shots of my son with embedded exifs, the first of which I'd favour more.with exifs. Now, what do you think? ; )

Last edited by bahadir; Jun 1, 2009 at 4:47 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 10:07 PM   #7

I dunno Bahadir

I have been scrolling up and down, on these 6 shots of your son, and I must say I am at a loss here. They all have thier own merits.

Of the first group I think #2 is my Fav, just the expression of sheer concentration, and enjoyment sells it to me.
The 2nd group, both are excellent. The first one is very reminiscent of a shot of John Lennon, if I am not mistaken.
SternSteve121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2009, 5:58 AM   #8

Good potrait shots my freind i like all of them but i will say i like the last 2 man that hair
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2009, 5:33 PM   #9

SternSteve121 wrote:
Quote:
I dunno Bahadir

I have been scrolling up and down, on these 6 shots of your son, and I must say I am at a loss here. They all have thier own merits.

Of the first group I think #2 is my Fav, just the expression of sheer concentration, and enjoyment sells it to me.
The 2nd group, both are excellent. The first one is very reminiscent of a shot of John Lennon, if I am not mistaken.
Hahaha! So, John Lennon:lol:Yes, you can be right! Great association indeed.Actually he almost always does a trickas I am about to press the shutter release! So, he might arrange a pair of round glasses nexttime:GNo other way than trying to capture candids when he's engaged in sth.as in the first series. Thank you for the enlivening comment!

.................................................. ...

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Good potrait shots my freind i like all of them but i will say i like the last 2 man that hair
Thank you for your kind feedback indicating your preference also, arkadaƟYou know, I added the last two pictures as an addition to my responseto siddartho's good question as visual material.
Old May 28, 2009, 6:52 PM   #10

Default great photos!

Hi Bahadir

Thanks for sharing these photos of your son. All are good, as was said before. And some great comments (I really had a laugh at the "shares" joke by simple!) Very good!

From the first set, I personally prefer photo 4, because of the composition including that amount of the laptop and his hand that way too, but still "he" is clearly the subject of the photo. (and good dof)

Of the last two - I thought they were the same photo, with you doing some serious editting / post processing. But apparently not? I like the 2nd close up photo for the softer tones and yes, as herc said - he has hair!! But also the 1st close up photo his right eye (to our left) stands out so beautifully.

Cheers

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote