Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Jun 3, 2009, 10:51 AM   #1
Administrator

Default Linda

This is Linda (my wife's oldest daughter from a previous marriage). We had an early dinner at a local Applebee's restaurant last week while Linda and her husband Bob were passing through Savannah, GA (where my wife and I live) on the way to Florida to go on a cruise.

So, I took a few snapshots while sitting across the table from them (and new photos of Linda helps to keep my wife happy, technical imperfections or not). ;-)

Sony A700, Tamron SP 20-40mm f/2.7-3.5 IF Aspherical AF Lens. No enhancements or cropping. They're straight from the camera except for downsizing with digiKam version 0.10.0, so you'll find some undesirable foreground and background elements with a bit of noise from the cameras's Dynamic Range optimization feature (I left it turned on at default settings), and a bit of motion blur (because of very slow shutter speeds without a flash). All at ISO 1600. EXIF in images.
Attached Images

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 13, 2009, 6:36 PM   #2

Good that you could get some pictures that make the wife happy. Now you can justify getting more camera gear to your wife. After all her daughter has to come back through your town on their way home.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2009, 6:51 AM   #3

Gotta say her smile sure brightens up the picture. Those imperfections you mentioned only add to the human elements of it all. I like them just the way they are.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2009, 3:59 PM   #4

She's got a great smile indeed, kind of, which makes the beholder smile also without any reason, oh, btw, what's a good reason?? : )) If you had asked her to keep the smiling pose for the slow shutter speed, probably, it wouldn't appear that natural as we see now. Thanks for sharing!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2009, 8:19 AM   #5
Administrator

Thanks for looking Guys. Linda has a "bubbly" personality, as you can see from the smiles. :-)
Old Jun 15, 2009, 1:57 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Jim, good to see you post some photos, I've often wanted to see something from your camera. Looks like you captured some happy memories from an enjoyable day.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2009, 7:25 PM   #7
Administrator

Unfortunately, they were only able to stop long enough for a quick bite to eat (at an Applebee's restaurant just off of I-95 in Savannah) and we didn't get to spend any time with them. But, it was nice to get away from the house for a little while (something I really need to do more often). ;-)

Yes, I probably should post a few photos from this camera from time to time. I posted some shots from it when I first got in this thread:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/so...low-light.html

But, I haven't posted much from it since then.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 8:37 AM   #8

Default Good one, Jim

Hi Jim

It's good you could share these photos with us. Certainly looks like your wife's daughter was having a fun-filled and happy time with you all, - and that's an important thing.

She certainly has a lovely smile and hope she will continue to do so!

The only thing I can suggest is maybe cropping a bit off the top of the photos, so the top of her head is closer to the top of the composition.

Otherwise great series. Worth for her / and you sending to friends and family as an update.

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 8:50 AM   #9
Administrator

Thanks for the comments Paul. These were only downsized (they're straight from the camera with no cropping or other PP). I let them know I could "spruce them up" a bit and crop them for prints if they wanted any copies (and I've got more in addition to the ones posted here).
Old Jul 18, 2009, 6:46 PM   #10
Super Moderator

Fantastic smile.

Like the first and last the most.
peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote