Default Ain't no good unless ya wear it

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 7, 2009, 10:56 AM   #2

Ha HA I love it
tjsnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2009, 1:04 AM   #3

That's surely a keeper quite representing one's 'babyhood'
My daughter happened to be passing while I was observing this image, and as I expected, she quite liked it ! (Btw, I should say she has a really good taste sometimes irritating me for her quick comments on my images ) You might further blur and/or 'burn' the cloth on the righhandside about the baby's ear, which I find somewhat distracting (hey, that's not my daughter's opinion )
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2009, 11:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahadir View Post
That's surely a keeper quite representing one's 'babyhood'
My daughter happened to be passing while I was observing this image, and as I expected, she quite liked it ! (Btw, I should say she has a really good taste sometimes irritating me for her quick comments on my images ) You might further blur and/or 'burn' the cloth on the righhandside about the baby's ear, which I find somewhat distracting (hey, that's not my daughter's opinion )
Bahadir, I always value your judgement (and your daughter's as well). What do you think of my edit? Too much? When I was taking this series of pictures I apparently was more concerned with timing than anything else, and you see what happens... Thanks for your kind words above.. Robert

Old Jun 11, 2009, 5:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgwild View Post
Bahadir, I always value your judgement (and your daughter's as well). What do you think of my edit? Too much? When I was taking this series of pictures I apparently was more concerned with timing than anything else, and you see what happens... Thanks for your kind words above.. Robert
Thank you for the kind credit : ) Actually, applying a black backdrop often makes the subject stand out, and, for a realistic look, softening and smoothing the contours as you seem to have applied especially on the righhandside, works! Alternatively, I thought a background colour to go with the subject's eye would work, and I simply sufficed with applying a heavy lens blur not abstracting the baby from the domestic sphere : )
Attached Images

Old Jun 11, 2009, 8:04 PM   #6

I like your edit very much, especially the treatment to the left side, which was almost black in the original. I never thought about doing that, so you have shown me something! I continue to watch and learn here, thank you..Robert
Old Jun 13, 2009, 6:29 PM   #7

Very cute picture, one you will be able to tease her with for years to come.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2009, 1:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgwild View Post
I like your edit very much, especially the treatment to the left side, which was almost black in the original. I never thought about doing that, so you have shown me something! I continue to watch and learn here, thank you..Robert
Glad it worked for you : ) Feel free to send the original also for the post process, or you can also do it on your own, in case you'd like to print it (in A4 size for example), which is highly recommended )