Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Feb 24, 2010, 3:26 AM   #1

Default Baby (he that shall not be named)

Hopefully not but he looks like it

and my other 2nd cousin.

Last edited by pbjunkiee; Mar 19, 2010 at 6:39 PM.
pbjunkiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 18, 2010, 1:46 PM   #2

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbjunkiee View Post
Hopefully not but he looks like it

pbjunkiee,

Very competent flash photos (?), never tried it myself. Well, the same hairstyle and the same gesture. No mustasch though, Goebbels perhaps

Most neoliberal societies have the same ideology, including the world's superpowers of yesterday and of today. Not only the descriptive "The strong rule the world" but also the prescriptive "The strong should/shall/will/must rule the world".

That's the opposite to: "If you are very strong you must also be very kind"

//T
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2010, 1:56 PM   #3
Administrator

A word of caution guys...

We have an international group of members here from a variety of cultures and backgrounds, and we will not tolerate posts that may be offensive to others due to politic beliefs and past history.

We want this site to be a place for others to share information, without political, religious or cultural differences getting in the way.

So, please limit the discussion to photography or I will close and/or delete this thread, as the title alone is almost enough for me to take that action (which I still might do at some point, regardless of subsequent posts).

JimC
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2010, 2:36 PM   #4

Sorry
pbjunkiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2010, 6:51 PM   #5

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
A word of caution guys...

We have an international group of members here from a variety of cultures and backgrounds, and we will not tolerate posts that may be offensive to others due to politic beliefs and past history.

We want this site to be a place for others to share information, without political, religious or cultural differences getting in the way.

So, please limit the discussion to photography or I will close and/or delete this thread, as the title alone is almost enough for me to take that action (which I still might do at some point, regardless of subsequent posts).

JimC

Now, Jim, C!

What about this:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/ar...ght-place.html

at the Architecture section

Any thoughts on that?

Torgny

Last edited by Torgny; Mar 18, 2010 at 6:53 PM.
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2010, 9:21 AM   #6
Administrator

Torgny, that's a picture of a ship, not a political discussion (with the exception of the comments you made about not wanting them near the European coast).

We do not want politics or religion being debated in the in the forums.

Anytime political or religious beliefs get brought up in forums like this one, it usually causes hard feelings between members, because of different backgrounds and cultures, since we have an international membership here.

This site is a not a public venue for promoting world peace, or debating one culture versus another one. There are other forums for that purpose.

We want to allow members to share photography, without those types of issues getting in the way.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:42 AM   #7

Quote:
Torgny, that's a picture of a ship, not a political discussion (with the exception of the comments you made about not wanting them near the European coast).

We do not want politics or religion being debated in the in the forums.

Anytime political or religious beliefs get brought up in forums like this one, it usually causes hard feelings between members, because of different backgrounds and cultures, since we have an international membership here.

This site is a not a public venue for promoting world peace, or debating one culture versus another one. There are other forums for that purpose.

We want to allow members to share photography, without those types of issues getting in the way.
Not my site...

I try to follow the rules of the sites I post on. The thread is not offensive, the title is. But it's also a sign of the times. Being of an older generation, WW II is a part of my consciousness - Ghenghis Khan is not. "Ghenghis Khans Baby," should be thought of as "offensive," but we would probably laugh.

Personally I am offended at That, that we so easily treat the past as something that isn't real...

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:50 AM   #8
Administrator

The problem is that with that type of title is that this thread could easily degrade into political or cultural debate, which is something we do not want in the forums, since that usually causes hard feelings between members.

We want for members to be able to share photography, without their political or religious viewpoints hindering that process.

That's why I posted a warning about limiting the discussion to photography in this thread. ;-)
Old Mar 19, 2010, 11:32 AM   #9

Not that my word means diddly squat, but while I dont like the title, seeing the kid give the sig heil salute is kinda funny. But Jim I think youve covered the issue very nicely. I wouldnt like to see the thread deleted or the name changed. Making it go away doesnt alter the past. Its all kinda funny considering these are all baby pictures.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2010, 5:11 PM   #10

Quote:
The problem is that with that type of title is that this thread could easily degrade into political or cultural debate, which is something we do not want in the forums, since that usually causes hard feelings between members. Agreed. Adolph Hitler, even though he was no more after 1945, is still very much an emotional trigger for many.

We want for members to be able to share photography, without their political or religious viewpoints hindering that process.

That's why I posted a warning about limiting the discussion to photography in this thread. ;-)
I agree with your judgment on this issue, Jim.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote