Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Mar 21, 2010, 11:41 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Default A difference of opinion

Went out today with my fiancee for a walk and to grab a few photos by the Med.

She thought that it was pretty cold.

I really couldn't agree with her..... it was 21 degrees!!!

After we finished disagreeing we took a few more photos LOL.

Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 21, 2010, 11:57 AM   #2
Administrator

When I hear someone [here] mention that it's 21 degrees, I think of cold weather (i.e., below freezing). So, I'd be dressed more like your fiance.

Aren't you glad we don't use inches instead of millimeters for focal length measurements here in the U.S.?

In your case (assuming you mean 21 degrees Celsius versus Fahrenheit), I'd probably be dressed somewhere in between you two, depending on wind and humidity (perhaps with a long sleeve shirt with no coat on).

It sounds like you two are opposites in some ways. As the old saying goes, opposites attract. ;-)
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2010, 11:59 AM   #3

Some really nice shots Mark.... but I have to disagree with your fiancee - I can't wait till it get's 21° Celsius here in Austria, that would be a nice warm day

I guess she's used to temperatures around 40° Celsius in Egypt

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2010, 12:45 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
When I hear someone [here] mention that it's 21 degrees, I think of cold weather (i.e., below freezing). So, I'd be dressed more like your fiance.

Aren't you glad we don't use inches instead of millimeters for focal length measurements here in the U.S.?

In your case (assuming you mean 21 degrees Celsius versus Fahrenheit), I'd probably be dressed somewhere in between you two, depending on wind and humidity (perhaps with a long sleeve shirt with no coat on).

It sounds like you two are opposites in some ways. As the old saying goes, opposites attract. ;-)
Nope, 21 deg C, so just about 70 deg F, not too bad, and I have some extra built in layers keeping me warm

As for being opposite in some ways, you've seen the photos of us together, it is more than just some ways LOL.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 12:47 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggo85 View Post
Some really nice shots Mark.... but I have to disagree with your fiancee - I can't wait till it get's 21° Celsius here in Austria, that would be a nice warm day

I guess she's used to temperatures around 40° Celsius in Egypt
Last week (or was it the week before) we had 33 degrees, so this is a bit of a cold spell. Even so she still had a sort of jumper on.

Glad you like the shots. I wish I had had another camera with me as she looks so funny with the 5DmkII, batter grip, 70-200mm f2.8 and 580 flash..... she impresses me that she handles it so well at only 5 feet tall.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 1:02 PM   #6

Wow, 21 degrees... When it is that temperature here in Finland, the Finns start dropping like flies. Nice shots you include, in particular, the one with you with ocean in the background... very nice.
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2010, 7:29 PM   #7
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
Wow, 21 degrees... When it is that temperature here in Finland, the Finns start dropping like flies. Nice shots you include, in particular, the one with you with ocean in the background... very nice.
LOL, my English body found the 33 degrees a shock so early in the year, the hottest I've experienced was 50 degrees in Bosnia.

Glad you liked the photos, I don't really like including shots of me, but I'm proud of how well she does with the camera and thought our clothing differences told a story.

Did anyone spot she has pinched my sunglasses, as you can see they are the same as my avitar..... looks like I will be getting me some new ones then LOL.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 7:41 PM   #8
Super Moderator

Lol, i would agree with you on the temperature too Mark. 70 degrees that would just be downright hot for me right now. i dont know how she walk around in all those layers at room temperature

nice pictures, a fun set. she did handle your shots well!

i thought those glasses looked pretty similar to your avatar!
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2010, 11:05 PM   #9

21 degrees Celsius...mmmmm....nice.....summer weather...

But then I'm in Canada.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2010, 3:08 PM   #10
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
Lol, i would agree with you on the temperature too Mark. 70 degrees that would just be downright hot for me right now. i dont know how she walk around in all those layers at room temperature

nice pictures, a fun set. she did handle your shots well!

i thought those glasses looked pretty similar to your avatar!
Seriously, this is going to cause problems when setting the temperature at home, I'm either going to melt or she will freeze. Oh well it will be entertaining.

Yep she does well with the camera.... I want to get some of her when back in the UK using the mkIII and the 120-300mm f2.8 and a TC, that would make a funny photo..... I might let her use a monopod for that though...... man I'm generous

As for the glasses, they are not great, but have lots of memories (well I have memories of them, don't think glasses have brains), so they go everywhere with me..... however, hers are broken so she has taken a shine to them.