Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Apr 3, 2010, 11:02 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
LOL, well that's a different matter, but if you can put together a nice album of family photos then I think you will be going in the right direction. I find that good prints work well, and if you can do shots that work well as wall art then you will be in a better position still.

I have to be careful not to bore my fiancee with photography, and she is already complaining about the time I spend here at Steve's. I will see how things change in 10 weeks and we are married and living together LOL. I might be after tips from you
LOL, i know the feeling..."you are always on the computer with that damn camera..."
But in all honesty, i couldnt have found a better partner in life...just have to straighten my priorities a bit now that i have yet another hobby
ronin2307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2010, 7:03 PM   #12

i have to share this because it made me feel good...even for a second.
i decided to make a 8x10 print from this shot today so i went to walmart quick. had about 15 different pics i wanted to print (some of which i have posted in these forums). As i was trying to figure out those self-help machines, one of the photo clerks caught a glimpse of my pics and asked if she could look at the prints when they are done.
Why not, i got nothing to hide, thinking to myself....I thought i did something bad or wrong. As it turns out she was so impressed with them that she was strongly encouraging me to send them to a local competition. Apparently she is a hobby photog as well who competes on a regular basis. I tried to tell her that i hardly know what i am doing and that I am lucky enough that LR bails me out, but she was persistent....
could help but laugh about the whole thing
ronin2307 is offline   Reply With Quote