Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Apr 2, 2010, 9:23 PM   #1

Default sepia child

cropped (random size, whatever was pleasing to my wife) sepia shot
Attached Images

ronin2307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 3, 2010, 2:38 AM   #2

nice capture ronin , i would just tone the brighness down a little or maybe it is my monitor (i am due a upgrade)? a very nice shot what was she looking at or for ?

Old Apr 3, 2010, 2:39 AM   #3

cute shot, I like the sepia effect. Did you do it in camera or with software?
Old Apr 3, 2010, 9:32 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
cute shot, I like the sepia effect. Did you do it in camera or with software?
in lightroom with its default sepia filter, but then i kicked the exposure down a bit and played around with it. I like messing around in PP and seeing what kind of dumb luck i can stumble upon
Old Apr 3, 2010, 9:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple View Post
nice capture ronin , i would just tone the brighness down a little or maybe it is my monitor (i am due a upgrade)? a very nice shot what was she looking at or for ?
she was just being goofy. she saw i was taking pictures and started posing
Old Apr 3, 2010, 10:03 AM   #6
Super Moderator

Very cute and sure to be one that you look back to in a few years time and it will bring a smile to your face
Old Apr 3, 2010, 10:10 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
Very cute and sure to be one that you look back to in a few years time and it will bring a smile to your face
definitely.
its just amazing to me what one can do in PP. looking back at the original, i can see how i could have just deleted it because it didn't look great or special at all. I just like to mess around LR and next thing you know, you got something usable (at least for family enjoyment)
Old Apr 3, 2010, 10:15 AM   #8
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin2307 View Post
I just like to mess around LR and next thing you know, you got something usable (at least for family enjoyment)
There you have it, the most important thing for most of us, family enjoyment. Although I shoot paid work the majority of what I shoot is still for fun, for family and friends, and making myself happy, challenging myself to get something different, new, interesting.

If you and the wife are happy with a photo taken that is the audience completely satisfied.... now when others like it too you are doing better still.... I like it, you like it and the wife likes it (other do too) so you can be a happy man
Old Apr 3, 2010, 10:44 AM   #9

now if i could convince my wife that my new found photography addiction is good.....
Old Apr 3, 2010, 10:47 AM   #10
Super Moderator

LOL, well that's a different matter, but if you can put together a nice album of family photos then I think you will be going in the right direction. I find that good prints work well, and if you can do shots that work well as wall art then you will be in a better position still.

I have to be careful not to bore my fiancee with photography, and she is already complaining about the time I spend here at Steve's. I will see how things change in 10 weeks and we are married and living together LOL. I might be after tips from you