Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Apr 9, 2010, 2:28 AM   #21

Awesome..simple..I see the little guy is gonna have a head of hair!!!
littlejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2010, 2:30 AM   #22

This one looks like a charcoal drawing...nice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple View Post
ok i did another edit on the first photo , i plan on doing some more this weekend at some point with my son and of coarse no nappy
i also like the softness of your edit bynx but not sure on the lips.

littlejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2010, 3:16 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejohn View Post
Awesome..simple..I see the little guy is gonna have a head of hair!!!
yeah he has more than me already
Old Apr 9, 2010, 4:08 AM   #24

I really like this photo a lot... that's me... but I really like it. And, what a wonderful photo depicting the bond of a mother and child, something that is forgotten today... your photo is one that makes me look and appreciate your family, rather just a typcial "studio family" shot, which are good in their own right... but is a photo of "Simple's family" and I like it a lot. Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2010, 7:06 AM   #25

I kinda like the lips with a bit of color. But just for you guys.
As for the ear, well in Photoshop if you pull the thumb back, the ear pops back in place. Then when you use undo the thumb goes back on top of the ear. Voila. Simon Ive gotta ask because Im curious. Is that a tattoo on your wife's back or just a birth mark?
Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2010, 8:16 AM   #26

it is a birth mark bynx my son also as one but not on his back. bynx i would really like to know how you did the ear as i may do it to the original file
Old Apr 9, 2010, 8:43 AM   #27

Sorry for the humor Simon, but I thought there might be some Photoshop newbies that might consider what I said the actual way I did it. hehehe
I cut the left half of the head and pasted it over the 1st pic. Rotated it and scaled it until it pretty much fit. The angle was off because his head was twisted more to the right but not noticeable once the thumb was fixed. Then I erased all the areas on the ear layer except for the ear. Then I cut and pasted the thumb from pic 2 to pic 1. Rotated it until it was in position and erased all the unnecessary area. I made a goof and didnt color the 1st pic as I did the second so now I had to match the color of the gray thumb and ear to the new pic. Since you are working with the hi res file you can blow things up much bigger and be more precise. I think the ear looks fine now. I just love that shot Simon. I have some pics of my kids in a similar pose only without the diaper to keep things natural. By the way I do a lot of hacking and chopping on pics posted by people just to illustrate the possibilities of what could be. Also to see if I can do it. But this pic is one Im very proud of because I think it is perfect. The pose, the color, the softness, the feelings, and the beauty. I dont know how you can leave the house every day. Id want to just stay home and be with them. Your son will change before your eyes and in no time at all will be asking for your car keys. If you have any problems with doing the ear yourself just email me your hi res file and Id be more than happy to give you a hand.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2010, 10:25 AM   #28

bynx thanks for the explanation... i did laugh and so did katie when i read out your first reply LOL you have done an excellent job and i would really appreciate it if you could help fix the original as i think i wouldnt be able to do it .... i will upload the file for you and i will start my thanks now thankyou very much you are really a genius in pp

we have planned to do a few more shots on sunday so hopefully we will get a few more keepers to treasure with all the cc still running fresh but as you know children are so unpredictable
Old Apr 9, 2010, 2:13 PM   #29

As your portraits are getting better each day may i suggest the use of some make up for your wife's arm and back skin? You will save pp time and the skin will have that pro feeling you're so close to.
We can't count on Bynx for ever. He will end up charging us for his cloning services!
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2010, 2:20 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordo View Post
As your portraits are getting better each day may i suggest the use of some make up for your wife's arm and back skin? You will save pp time and the skin will have that pro feeling you're so close to.
We can't count on Bynx for ever. He will end up charging us for his cloning services!

haha .... i do have portrait proffesional so i could easily smooth and remove the blemishes etc in the skin tones as for bynx he is currently working on his masterpiecei cannot clone and mask like him