Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Apr 8, 2010, 9:17 AM   #1

Default my wife and child

ive had the camera out for a hour today doing a few family portraits for myself here is just one version i want to run past you guys for cc on the pp as it is the first time i have tried this sort of effect not poppimg the eyes but the black softness

Last edited by simple; Apr 8, 2010 at 9:33 AM.
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 8, 2010, 9:49 AM   #2

Wow Simon, these two shots bring a tear to my eye they are so beautiful. Nice processing with just the touch of blue. The scrunched ear I find a bit off, but the overall shot is fantastic. I think your wife is absolutely stunning. I thought that from your first pic when she was very pregnant. She is only getting better. And your son is an absolute gem. Next time try to get them further from the background screen so it is more out of focus and not so easily recognizable as a wrinkled sheet. Thanks for sharing both of these shots.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:28 AM   #3

thanks for you comments bynx i did notice the ear ... i have about another 10 or 15 shots to look through yet but these looked the best at first glance ... i took these in my living room i will remember to get the wife further back next time
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:28 AM   #4

The extremely, kind of unreal blue eyes doesn't work too much for me (althought your wife eyes shows more sensuality there). Both are great portraits, nicely smoothed and framed and i'm seriously planning a trip to UK to kidnap your wife.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:32 AM   #5
Super Moderator

Simon these are great. i was looking forward to your family portraits when you mentioned you were shooting them last night.

And these are just top-notch. I love the tender pose and I love the black and white processing. I could do without the blue eyes as Ordo mentioned and just keeping it full black and white. And bynx noticed my 2 nit-picks already.

great memories captured in an artistic and pleasing way. these you will cherishing for years.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:32 AM   #6

thanks ordo .... i havent added any pp or saturation to the eyes i think they just shine more due to the rest being black and white. let me know when you land in the uk you can take my wife while i rob your house LOL
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:42 AM   #7

Simon,

Love shot # 2. There's a difference in the look of your wife's eye (not the color) that makes #2 more appealing. And, as mentioned the ear of your child. Both are great but #2 is truly top notch.

One thing I would look at is doing a bit of correction on her back - you can see imprints from where the bra strap was in shot 2
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:48 AM   #8

Now there is one real pixel peeper who can take their eyes off those gorgeous faces to notice bra marks.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:48 AM   #9

john thanks for your comments we have decided to get the second image printed for a hanger i will work on the bra imprint before i let it go ...again thanks for picking up on that
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:54 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
Now there is one real pixel peeper who can take their eyes off those gorgeous faces to notice bra marks.
Actually I noticed it because I was scrolling back up and just happened to stop with just the lower portion of the photo showing. Otherwise you are correct I would never have looked!
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote