Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old May 5, 2010, 5:20 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahadir View Post
Hey! Well done arkadas : ) She's grown a lot, since I last saw her pictures!! Now, #1 could be a album cover! Ah, girls are all great singers at a such an age period after all (mine can sing Ekpliksi!)
I also quite liked #2
Btw, I see you've changed the dslr system yet again and upgraded to CS5, which I'm also expecting anxiously
Hey my friend it's been a long time
thanks for your appreciation, yes they grow fast and we do too
your daughter can sing the song from the sexy Anna Vissi GREAT
yes I did change back to Canon as I have used them for years, now for the Pictures I like all of them but the Photography club of Sparta that I am in (http://www.lefos.net/index.php) (and if you go to Μέλη you will see my name in there), we are having a Έκθεση (sort of a gallery showing) and it's called Portraits and that's why I took these Pictures, and I will be putting 4 pictures #1 #2 #7 on display but I am having a hard time deciding on which the 4th should be hmmm

also I wonder whats wrong with photobucket.com as there site is down and my pictures don't show up in here;(

and PS CS5 I have it and it's fantastic HDR pro contant aware and so on, but you really need a 64 BIT computer so it can use all that RAM for the contant aware, but as always adobe is king of the hill
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2010, 1:57 PM   #12

your daughter is gorgeous there is no doubt in that....... I love the last picture..
Canon Lens EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM IS
Canon Lens EF500mm F4L IS USM
Sigma 105mm f2.8 EX Macro
Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 Wide angle
hanalwala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2010, 5:48 AM   #13

Hey,
some beautiful images, I especially like #3 and #6 for the hint of that smile and the look.

#1 is a great "art" attempt and #7 is not my taste.

Thanks for sharing,
Th.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2010, 10:29 PM   #14

Hi Hercules

It's been said before, but I'll say it again, you have a very attractive daughter - and a 'natural' - i.e. she appears to have a lot of natural charm and beauty (not much make-up and special lighting needed, it seems).

Portrait photos (like many others) do involve an element of 'taste' / subjective opinion. Photo 1 is great imho, and I particularly like photo 2 (great use of dof) and photo 6 (I just love her smile and hair in this pose).

If you don't mind me saying (and I don't think anyone mentioned it yet) - but quite a few of the photos would benefit from a crop of the top 25% of the photo (I mean photos 1, 3, 4, 5 & 6). She is just too 'centred'. Not that we always need to follow the rule ('guide') of thirds - but I think in these cases there is a bit too much 'space' above the top of her head.

Great to hear your submitting them for the challenge / gallery exhibition). Photo 6 should be in there imho.

Cheers, mate!

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2010, 4:43 PM   #15

Great portraits and your daughter is beautiful!
Timinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2010, 5:38 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanalwala View Post
your daughter is gorgeous there is no doubt in that....... I love the last picture..
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by thkn777 View Post
Hey,
some beautiful images, I especially like #3 and #6 for the hint of that smile and the look.

#1 is a great "art" attempt and #7 is not my taste.

Thanks for sharing,
Th.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj1974 View Post
Hi Hercules

It's been said before, but I'll say it again, you have a very attractive daughter - and a 'natural' - i.e. she appears to have a lot of natural charm and beauty (not much make-up and special lighting needed, it seems).

Portrait photos (like many others) do involve an element of 'taste' / subjective opinion. Photo 1 is great imho, and I particularly like photo 2 (great use of dof) and photo 6 (I just love her smile and hair in this pose).

If you don't mind me saying (and I don't think anyone mentioned it yet) - but quite a few of the photos would benefit from a crop of the top 25% of the photo (I mean photos 1, 3, 4, 5 & 6). She is just too 'centred'. Not that we always need to follow the rule ('guide') of thirds - but I think in these cases there is a bit too much 'space' above the top of her head.

Great to hear your submitting them for the challenge / gallery exhibition). Photo 6 should be in there imho.

Cheers, mate!

Paul
Paul thanks again, I didn't use any lighting as I wanted to use natural light and posted the shots pretty much as they came out of my 7D except the last one, but I did take care of the PP and crops when I posted them to my pbase gallery
http://www.pbase.com/spartanwarrior/portraits
as with the centering well like you say sometimes we do need to break the rules as I did put her off center and liked the centered ones better for these portraits as for the challenge I entered #1 that took 19th place but what really made me happy and has more meaning is one of my images was selected for national geographic in Greece and was posted last month, btw I really need to be more active in here as I do like this forum better than dpreview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timinator View Post
Great portraits and your daughter is beautiful!
thanks Tim

Last edited by hercules; Aug 12, 2010 at 5:43 PM.
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote