Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Dec 28, 2010, 2:57 PM   #1

Default Wife and kids ice skating!

Well, Im still learning my new camera so I took some shots when my wife and my two youngest kids where iceskating today. First time in 8 years for my wife.

DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 29, 2010, 1:52 PM   #2

NIce pics Daniel! You have a good looking family. I haven't been on here in a while. What camera did you get? Do you like it better than your D5000?
wolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2010, 3:19 PM   #3

Deleted.

Last edited by JohnG; Dec 29, 2010 at 3:22 PM.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2010, 3:22 PM   #4

Daniel - my appologies. Not sure why I thought this was in the sports forum. you should have the copy of my comments if you want them - but I'll delete them as critique in that fashion is inappropriate in the family forum. In that sense you've got some GREAT memory shots here.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 4:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverines View Post
NIce pics Daniel! You have a good looking family. I haven't been on here in a while. What camera did you get? Do you like it better than your D5000?
Thanks! Glad you like them
I got the Canon EOS 50D. I love the feeling of the camera so far. Im positively surpriced of the ISO capabilities. But I havent tried it that much yet. It is a bit of a learning curve since its so different compared to my former D5000.

Ill get back when I have used it some more

Best regards/Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
Daniel - my appologies. Not sure why I thought this was in the sports forum. you should have the copy of my comments if you want them - but I'll delete them as critique in that fashion is inappropriate in the family forum. In that sense you've got some GREAT memory shots here.
No worries John
I can imagine what critique you had to this pics
I wasnt to serious with these pics since its just for the family album and also Im just learning the new camera.
So I know framing might be a little of and I also used to slow shutter speed. I noticed that too late. I was a little sloppy when taking these shots
I will put some pics in the sports forum when I have bought the Canon 85mm f1,8. I will buy that lens later in januari I think, and then I will try to shoot some youth hockey again. Thats something I have to practice a lot on since I find it difficult.

Best regards/Daniel
Old Dec 29, 2010, 6:35 PM   #6

actually it might surprise you but I think the slow shutter speed worked rather well with the little kids. This was a case where I think it is more effective than stop action.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 5:11 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
actually it might surprise you but I think the slow shutter speed worked rather well with the little kids. This was a case where I think it is more effective than stop action.
Okay! Cool

Thanks

Well, I kind of like on the 3 first pics the more I look at it.

Best regards/Daniel

Last edited by DSProtection; Dec 30, 2010 at 5:17 AM.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 9:27 AM   #8

Hi Daniel, Nice shots of your family, I think the slow shutter has gave the pics a good sense of movement and like that. If that was me I wouldn't be brave enough to use the slow shutter and would probably freeze the action and then use motion blur etc in photoshop where if I mes it up like i think i would it can be done again. Aaa I see you overlooked the shutter speed, i,m always doing that with the iso.
Nice
Mark

Lumix Fx-01

d5000
condorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2010, 8:32 PM   #9

Great family shots Daniel.

What's the story of the #6 shot?
lomitamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2010, 7:06 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by condorman View Post
Hi Daniel, Nice shots of your family, I think the slow shutter has gave the pics a good sense of movement and like that. If that was me I wouldn't be brave enough to use the slow shutter and would probably freeze the action and then use motion blur etc in photoshop where if I mes it up like i think i would it can be done again. Aaa I see you overlooked the shutter speed, i,m always doing that with the iso.
Nice
Mark
Thanks Mark
Glad you like the shots. Well, as I said, I completely forgot about the shutter speed
I will try it today again though. Will try to pan when my kids playing with their new snowracers.
Best regards/Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomitamike View Post
Great family shots Daniel.

What's the story of the #6 shot?
Thanks! Glad you like them

Well, the story about #6 is that my wife were ice skating for the first time in 8 years, so she fell. Although without hurting herself luckily. And of course the kids found this pretty funny

She only fell once though. Not bad concidering she had not skated for some years

Best regards/Daniel