Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Feb 22, 2011, 9:21 PM   #1

Default New family member

My pretty new Dtr in law.

Sadly, the photog that was hired to do my son's wedding split with the 3k he was paid. This photog has 30 couples trying to sue he and his wife right now. He split the state and is now scamming people in another State. Twentynine young couples will never have their pro photos that they paid for. This photographer and his wife opend a diner in Detroit, the couples made such a stink about it(picketing and contacting the news stations) that the photog and his wife split state.
Sad....this is my photo of my new dtr in law. Not perfect but it's all they have, and several others I took.
gabbyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 22, 2011, 11:43 PM   #2

the picture is nice and she is definatly a stunner woot woot i also like the pp the only one thing i would try and do is remove the shadow from the guest or blur the background a little more ....... man i think she married the wrong guy hahaaha...

as for the photog i hope he gets his ass busted do you know what names he or she goes by? he deserves what he gets and hopefully it will bw a nice juicy sentance in hell ruining all those special days .....
Old Feb 23, 2011, 6:39 AM   #3

Simple, thank you. I never noticed the shadow! maybe one day I'll develop a good eye.
I really want to frame this one, too.

They had several names. The main one was Artistic event services.
http://www.decidio.com/local-busines...ces-90420.html

This is just one of many reviews. My son got the ball rolling and had all the folks that he could find, posting nasty reviews, file a joint suit.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/Search/C...-services.aspx

I know exactly where they are. They have opened yet another studio in another state. I can't do anything, aka post their names or new business name, until court comes around. But, these kids are mad and are not stopping until these guys are behind bars. These kids won't ever see their photos. If the photog had them why wouldn't he turn them over? They are gone. It's so sad.

Another sad thing, we hired a photog last min, referral by DJ. We can't print the photos past a 4x6. I called to complain and they printed another CD. Still, the same. The photos are grainy at best even at 4x6. I paid 1,800 for this. Lennon photography in Detroit sub contracted the guy. Which, in my opinion, reflects on Lennon photo.

This is why Id never pretend to be something I'm not. I do doggy photos for rescues and kid pics for friends and family. Done. LOL

This is the diner they opened with all the monies they scammed from these poor kids. Of course, once the crap hit the fan and the kids started calling the local news stations and the stations hounded the photog/diner owner, the photographer and his wife hit the road, just up and leaving the diner. It's obviously closed now.http://www.pressandguide.com/article...1704490141.txt

Last edited by gabbyone; Feb 23, 2011 at 6:49 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 6:42 AM   #4

PS, we paid 500.00 for the CD, so they should print the larger sizes. I understand some photogs do them at the smaller size so you will come back and purchase the pics. The dtr in law's aunt actually ordered several 5x7s from them , paying their price, and you can see the pixels in the eyes!

I'm not completely done with this photog and the photog that hired him, either.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 6:50 AM   #5

Now to figure out how to get the shadow out! Thank you, again, for mentioning that.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:09 AM   #6

stick a request in the xtreme makeover someone will jump at the challenge if you are stuck that is
Old Feb 23, 2011, 3:50 PM   #7

If you post the full size pic, I'll take a stab at removing the shadow
nate.spangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 6:39 PM   #8

Simple, I'm always stuck with editing. LOL.
I would like to frame this one.

Here ya go, Nate. Have at it. Its the large size, on flicker. I cropped it to an 8x10.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 6:41 PM   #9

I took this with a rented 60mm macro, which i'm saving up to buy. I think it was one of the sharpest lenses I've ever used.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 9:47 PM   #10

I would never charge till the exchange is taking place between the shots and the cash! I am honest by God!
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote