Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Jun 13, 2004, 11:05 PM   #91

i actually never broke a bone either....but i have been to the hospital.....

when i was born HAHAH....just kidding...i actually had to have surgery on my stomach....when i was like 3 weeks old or something....(as you can see....i remember it like it was yesterday )
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2004, 11:29 PM   #92

A list of my hospital visits and what got me there:

1) Needed an eye patch: Age 4: Evil cousin threw a shell at my eye.

2) Needed stitches: Age 6: Tried to ride my uncles dog like a horse while it was eating dinner... bad idea.

3) Needed a cast: Age 6:Broke my right wrist while playing on a railing at the steps of my house.. ow.

4) Needed a cast: Age 8:Broke my left wrist while playing on the monkey bars.

5) Needed another cast: Age 9: Broke my left arm while playing "fishes and Dolphines" at the skating rink.

6)Needed major neosporin: Age 11: Rollerblading accident at my cabin while a mile away from anywhere.

7) Needed another cast: Age 12: Right arm: Snowboarding first time tried to go down a blue diamond. That one hurt.

8) Yet to happen... Eh? It's been 4 good ol years since my last injury! And since then I've been more active than ever! Snowboarding in the winter, riding all year round skateboarding in the summer (Trying at least) and softball... Yet no injuries lately!

My cousin claims that she has never seen me in good condition (without injury)... and it's true. I always have small scriatches and nicks... But eh they make me look more tough!

Anyhoo.. Maybe Monkey is my long lost-aunt-in-law-twice-removed-thrice-hence-the-twice-removed-part-I-don't-know-what-I'm-talking-about-ness... eh?
discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2004, 11:32 PM   #93

Joshua B wrote:
Quote:
discodudette wrote:
Quote:
Dave from Insomniac? That's who he reminds me of at least....
Oh no you didn't!

Oh... no... I "di'nt"...

I knew it wasn't him. He is hilarious, though. I wouldn't take offense to it! Anyhoo yea it is the guy from Everybody Loves Raymond....
discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2004, 1:04 AM   #94

Disco, I was expecting at least one break to be caused by a horse riding accident with you!!! I broke my arm aged ten when I was dragged along a road, with one foot stuck in the stirrup and the rest of me on the ground. My arm hit a telegraph pole. Whole thing caused by a car driver honking his horn. Most people i know who ride horses have at least one accident under their belt.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2004, 1:05 AM   #95

Amy, watch it, or else you are going to make many doctors their early retirement :-)

You sound like my son, Mr. Injury Himself. His last one was 4 years ago when he ended up going over a waterfall. That little accident was almost his last and he ended up needing 6 surgeries in a year's time. Since that time I've been telling him that he needs to get married so that he has someone other than his mother and myself to nurse him back to health the next time. So... he took me to heart and he is getting married in August (yeah!).
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2004, 4:45 AM   #96

If we're talking hospital visits then I only have two. One when I was five of six and I jumped from the top of a climbing frame at play school and hit my chin on another kids head. One of my teeth went through my lip and I needed stitches. The other time was when I collapsed in the middle of the night. I think I was fourteen. It was put down to a virus and I got a couple of days off school.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2004, 7:51 AM   #97

I think i might have nine lives, as well as the broken stuff i mentioned earlier i'was hit by a car when i was little and on Christmas day 1989 i was in a house fire. Lucky aren't i. :-)
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2004, 9:35 AM   #98

Disco, unless you're in WV or CA we're probably not related (my horse-loving family states). But you never know!!!!

Geoffs, I hope you keep your record of safety!

And Vito, I can see you being in the hospital for your stomach. Garlic with mac n cheese?!?!? :-)
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2004, 9:42 AM   #99

I bet they think second about given you a chemistry set in future, Mark. :lol:
Old Jun 14, 2004, 9:42 AM   #100

I bet they think second about given you a chemistry set in future, Mark. :lol: