Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Jun 19, 2004, 8:58 AM   #141

kex wrote:
Quote:
No I don't think amy looks like avril lavigne.
Just goes to show you how subjective all these comparisons really are.

Why not just accept Amy (and the rest of us) as who she (we) are - ourselves!
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 9:04 AM   #142

it is interesting though to see the likeness some people have to others and the strangest thing is how this happens with no relationship to the person you look like.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 9:06 AM   #143

Because that would be boring. :-)
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 9:16 AM   #144

Sure, I guess doing the comparisons gives us additional reasons to pop in and converse and there is something captivating about it. Heck, obviously I've participated so I'm not exactly virtuous here.

Still and all, I've always had this thing about putting other people (the celebrities) on pedestals. They're just people that are good at doing something that puts them in the view of many people. I'm sure Amy is good at riding and who knows what else. I'm good at computer programming. Etc, etc... It's just that for us non-celebrities, we're good at things which don't necessarily make us visible to the population as a whole. Well, that's just me - you can ignore my babbling :?
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 9:21 AM   #145

I just spotted a good resmblance. Have a look at this thread. When you get there look for my post and check the link.:-)

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=55
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 9:34 AM   #146

yes I see the likeness :-)
Old Jun 19, 2004, 9:39 AM   #147

Me no likey Avril Lavigne. Her vocals nor style.

I never really thought I looked like Calista either...

That other girl.. yea maybe a little resemblance.

My eyes look real puffy that day no clue why. Usually they're HUGE lol.

Anyhoo that poster of that guy is cool! My brother is a Che freak ... well che and marley...

discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 9:40 AM   #148

geoffs wrote:
Quote:
Sure, I guess doing the comparisons gives us additional reasons to pop in and converse and there is something captivating about it. Heck, obviously I've participated so I'm not exactly virtuous here.

Still and all, I've always had this thing about putting other people (the celebrities) on pedestals. They're just people that are good at doing something that puts them in the view of many people. I'm sure Amy is good at riding and who knows what else. I'm good at computer programming. Etc, etc... It's just that for us non-celebrities, we're good at things which don't necessarily make us visible to the population as a whole. Well, that's just me - you can ignore my babbling :?
I know some people DO put stars on pedestals, but I could not give a rats **** who they are. The thing is that because they are seen by so many people it is easier for people to compare the looks of others to these and then we all know who they are talking about (well mostly) most big actors over here dont have the problems that they do in england and USA. They go about their business like anyone else. Its an Aussie thing I guess. I think to compare looks does not say a person is not talented in their own right.

Old Jun 20, 2004, 8:27 AM   #149

I also have found out I am not a "star collector" to borrow a Monkees phrase. My hubby will be thrilled to talk to someone (bluegrassy) who he just thinks is the beesknees and I am highly unlikely to go up and even talk to them. They want to be left alone, I'm sure, a lot of the time. And what do I really get out of being able to say I said "hello" to someone? If it were the Beatles, yeah. Monkees, yeah.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Mallory=Justine Bateman - in that onepicture, yes, DD - the eyes! But not a common thread in your photos, and not as she grew older (in the New Adv of Superman I didn't even think she was that pretty).She was a beautiful teenagerand I really alsoliked her brother Jason Bateman when he was in the later episodes of Little House OTP. Had a crush on him, actually!:roll:
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2004, 1:56 AM   #150

I don't think that I look like anyone famous. Heres a couple of pix.

Attached Images

DrDictionary1 is offline   Reply With Quote