Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Jun 9, 2004, 9:22 AM   #11

Hi Guitarman,

You have captured two wonderful, captivatingportraits of your daughters

You, sir,are a virtuoso

Awesome...

digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 9:45 AM   #12

Thanks for the kind comments! It's hard to miss with the girls, though, they are pretty darn camera friendly! This was taken in front of a south-facing window, although there's a porch on the other side of it, so the sun wasn't coming directly in, and there were a few clouds coming in as well. Normally this window is bright enough that it just blows out highlights in anything you try to shoot in front of it. I still don't see the green, but it could be my monitor, too. I did darken the highlights in the first picture just a touch, so I wonder if that adds to the green hue you all are seeing in the hair....

Barb, did you see the black and white photo I took of my younger daughter in the other thread? I took that one in front of a north-facing window....
Guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 11:52 AM   #13

Great shots! Your kids are so cute! How old are they? Love the lighting, ab-fab!
discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 1:20 PM   #14
AMG

there is green present, you can use your color picker to see the proof. It is not the monitor, it is in the file, this is how it would look with no cast, but sometmes casts are intended and good, or faked afterwards and look nice. But I digress, amazing pictures of the girls, really great captures, great overall impression from the lighting
Attached Images

AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 2:36 PM   #15

Quote:
Barb, did you see the black and white photo I took of my younger daughter in the other thread? I took that one in front of a north-facing window....
I just checked it, but I think these photos are much better because there's shadow in them to define the planes of the face.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote