Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Jun 10, 2004, 3:34 AM   #11

May I call you Mark from now on instead of jackrussell, jackrussell?

selvin - you're right
*creeps up to selvin, puts a hand to his ear and whispers*
They're rubbish. But don't tell jackrussell I said that.

:lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/default.stm
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2004, 3:35 AM   #12

Thanks discodudette. :-)

selvin, you're right about Blackburn Rovers it's just down the road from my house. If Jack does get good at football i'd rather see him playing in a Blackburn shirt. Man Utd and Arsenal have enough good players already. :-)

ferny, you can call me Mark if you want. :-)About Blackburn, on a good day they can beat anyone including Man U and Arsenal as the results have shown in the last few seasons. We beat Man U towards the end of last season and if I remember rightly we did the double on Arsenal the year before. The thing with Blackburn is you never know what you're gonna get, one week they beat Arsenal and the next they lose to Wolves. :-)
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2004, 5:54 AM   #13

Ferny, Mark,

Actually sad to say, before I got to know a bit more about the Bristish football teams, as a youngster growing up in Jamaica I really liked the Wolverhampton Wanderers for no other reason than their name sounded so melodious. Till I learned how terrible they were some years. Oh well.

Thanks for the info, I did log onto the site and the Rovers are like some of our local teams, you never quite know what to expect on any given day against any team.

Cheers.
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2004, 6:41 AM   #14

selvin, there's a guy who comes to watch Blackburn from Japan sometimes. All because he likes the shirts they wear for home matches. I'm not sure but i think he even got married here. :-)
Old Jun 10, 2004, 6:49 AM   #15

Nothing wrong with supporting Wolves. I don't think you'll find anyone who hates them. They're one of the clubs loved by everyone. You have some clubs which are heavily sopported and hated by a few. Some clubs supported by their fans but no-one else has any emotion towards. And some clubs that everyone wants to see do well. There aren't many of them, but Wolves is one. As is Portsmouth. They've been great this season and won over a lot of people. When we (I support Arsenal) beat them 5-1 they were singing untill the end and gave the Arsenal boys a standing ovation after the match. How many other clubs can claim that? Most have fans that would leave by half time. It was one of those moments when you realise why you love the game. They did that at lots of matches.
Old Jun 10, 2004, 6:53 AM   #16

ferny, I saw something like that at Blackburn once. We were playing Notts Forest and scored seven goals but the Forest fans were doing the conga in the Darwen end as if they'd won the F.A. cup. They were happier than us. :-)
Old Jun 11, 2004, 5:51 AM   #17

discodudette wrote:
Quote:
jackrussell wrote:
Quote:
Thanks, Jack is seven on Friday. :-)
I wish him a very very happy seventh birthday! Are you getting him a gift? A Soccer (foot) ball perhaps?
discodudette, this is a photo of his favourite present. New football trainers for his birthday today. He also got some toys, clothes and £70 tucked onto his birthday cards. :-)

Happy Birthday Jack.

Attached Images

Old Jun 12, 2004, 4:04 AM   #18

Here's another shot of Jack having a shot at the kitchen window.He'll break it one day, he's got a powerful shot for a kid. :-)
Attached Images

Old Jun 12, 2004, 4:18 AM   #19

I have may have spotted the teams reason for poor form. Have they considered using a round ball? :lol:
Old Jun 12, 2004, 4:19 AM   #20

Nice one ferny. :lol: