Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Jun 12, 2004, 6:07 AM   #21

That still background/blurred subject style can be good though. I took pickles into the garden one day, set the camera on a tripod, focused it on her and threw some balls. The background and foreground was still, but she was blurred. She's got a coating on her fur which makes it look shiny (she also looks black, grey, brown or red in different lights.), coupled with the blurring she looks very fluid.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2004, 6:18 AM   #22

When i took the shot of Jack shooting i was just trying out the fast shutter or sports mode of the camera because i hadn't used it before. I wasn't sure what i would get as it was going dark at the time, i hoped it would freeze him and the ball but the ball was really travelling. Do you know how i could have frozen them both ?.
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2004, 10:13 AM   #23

ferny wrote:
Quote:
I have may have spotted the teams reason for poor form. Have they considered using a round ball? :lol:
Well, here in the US, our "football" doesn't use a round ball and things look fine :-) OTOH, our "soccer" does use the round variant of a game piece...
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2004, 10:29 AM   #24

geoffs, some people in northern England consider American football as rugby but softer.:-)I personally don't like either of those, i'll stick with the Premier League. Now i think of it Blackburn Rovers goalkeeper is American, Brad Friedel a good goalie.:-)
Old Jun 12, 2004, 11:40 AM   #25

I think all but Americans think that Mark. :-)
I've always found it curious that they call a game where they mostly use their hands, football. I used to support the Dolphins but coverage for it over here is rubbish. I've still got a leather Dolphins hat. Very eighties.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2004, 4:54 PM   #26

I've never heard of the dolphins. I just saw the possible team that France will play tomorrow, it's gonna be a tough match for England. We should rename this thread Football Focus. :-)