Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Aug 14, 2004, 10:35 PM   #1

My son and I at Pioneer Days, a 4day 3night experience of pioneer life. Everyone dresses in the period and the kids do most of thechores...we need to start doing this practice again. At meal time the kids served the adults due to all the heavy work the parents did. The children also were not able to eat till all adults were finished, the the kids cleaned up after each meal....it was great!!

Myself and another parent took 600 photos, I edited them down to 225 and made DVD slideshow with background music from the period for each child to have to remember the trip.
Attached Images

KeithT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 14, 2004, 10:36 PM   #2

The kids all dressed
Attached Images

Old Aug 15, 2004, 8:57 AM   #3

Keith, I love the picture of you and your Son. Very neat to see the pioneer garb and a beautiful picture at that. I hope the kids learned how tough it was and the role reversal would be difficult for modern kids. I can tell youall had fun.
Nadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2004, 8:21 PM   #4

Wow,four dayswith no video games, must of been tough for the kids :lol:. Very nice shots.
photonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2004, 6:34 AM   #5

The students got to use their modern day electronics on the bus only, then the teacher collected all devices as the children exited. It was tough for some to part with their gameboys and the like.

The instructors had the kids doing so many activities(churning butter, making rope, preparing meals, cleaning dishes, making candles, fishing, sewing leather pouches, feeding livestock, gathering eggs, many informational discussions, campfire stories, gathering firewood, square dancin' and singin') that they never missed their electronics.

I think the 4days were harder on some of the parents...for me it was great! no contact with outter world, but others were pacing the grounds, always checking their cellphones to see if they had reception and occasionally calling out if they did.