Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Jan 4, 2005, 9:51 PM   #1

I will master all of this, eventually. Geronimo.
Attached Images

Geronimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 5, 2005, 3:23 AM   #2

I think this would have worked with just the first, second and forth face. The third is larger and makes the second one look like a cyclops. Keep trying and posting and welcome.

Suzan
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 9:32 AM   #3

...or keep the two smaller ones on the outside and the large one in the center... I agree with the cyclops comment, though.

Are you just layering all four images one on top of the other or are you masking them individually (so that the superfluous backgrounds aren't overlapping and washing out the subjects of the other photos)?

perdendosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2005, 5:45 AM   #4

Thanks for your comments.I have been layering different snaps onto each other.I don't have a clue how to do any masking.That usually means that I will bust a foo-foo valve until I find out and then spend every waking moment for however long it takes to master the techniques involved.But,for the moment,any tips and/or advice would be greatly appreciated. I do agree about the Cyclops thing and have had another attempt,below,Seriously,if anyone viewing this could point me in the right direction on masking you will have a friend for life(that is not a threat). Best regards, Geronimo.
Attached Images

Old Jan 9, 2005, 9:04 PM   #5

Geronimo-- I am so sorry I cannot help in the PS realm, but I do have a request: I want to see you work with that 3rd image and let us see it alone. That boy's face has depth, mischief and wisdom-- all at once. But it's hard to see it in the "montage" you've created. By all means, please keep after the layered image, but would you mind posting one of them alone, so we can at least see what you are working with. Best, Scott
Scotious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 8:35 AM   #6

Thank you for your comments,Scotious.Here is the central image used in the "montage".Also,I have found reference to two programs specifically designed for collage results.I will be fiddling with them over the next few days and will post the results(at least,the best of them).Surely,I will get a better result than the simple "layering" that I have been doing thus far.I want to get an image that encompasses the many facets of his nature.Maybe,I am trying to run before I can walk but that's me. Best Regards, Geronimo.
Attached Images

Old Jan 10, 2005, 11:08 AM   #7

Ah, thanks G.-- I just wanted to get a sense of what you were starting with. It is an interesting face, and I guess these guys are twins? There are two, right? I sort of had ignored the thread title and thought this was just the same lad. Doh! Looks like a little sharpening would be in order, but for the layered version is probably unnecessary, since it all gets kinnd of soft anyway. Keep on! --Scott
Scotious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2005, 5:29 AM   #8

I took the liberty of altering this a little bit.I hope you don't mind.
Attached Images

GerryMcGregor is offline   Reply With Quote