Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Jan 26, 2005, 5:51 AM   #1

As you are all into posting pics I hope this is the right place.

I want to post my avatar, go through the motions, shows the currently activeavatar and when I previewed this post before sending, it showed up next to my name, but, because I saw that, I thought it was sorted, so checked against any of my previous posts before sending this one and it still wasn't showing. Is there a time scale before it shows ? Does it not show up in existing posts ? Or will sending this one kick it off ?

I'll do just that and if all goes well please ignore me. If not, please help.

Here goes,

Thanks,

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 26, 2005, 5:57 AM   #2

go to any post you have made in post your photos, refresh and you will see that the avatar changes. I have noticed this happens and it's just a matter of refreshing a couple of times before the new avatar shows up.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2005, 6:05 AM   #3

Thanks for the quick response aladyforty, Just had a thought, my avatar is showing against most of my posts but not with some others. I access this site from two computers at various times and as the avatar image is uploaded from computer A,then would that simply mean itwill only show when posting from the computer the image is stored on and not computer B ?? If so canI place the same image on computer B and have it show whenever I post from there or will that confuse matters ? I thought that the image would be stored on Steve's server and that it would always show from my account.
Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Stevekin.
Old Jan 26, 2005, 6:21 AM   #4

Scratch that thought, I've just checked the times and dates of my posts and my avatar is showing next to posts from both computer A and B, it's just not showing against some of my posts. Any more ideas. Please.

FORGET ALL OF THE ABOVE. I went into my posts that didn't show my avatar, clicked on edit, made no changes at all but my avatar then showed up in those posts. :?

Refreshing numerous times did not have any effect though.

Thanks anyway,

Stevekin.

P.S. aladyforty, did you get your printer sorted out ? What was the problem ?

Old Jan 26, 2005, 7:38 AM   #5

printer problem was sorted out, it was a faulty lead:-)cant think of anything else that will help with the avatar.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2005, 11:04 AM   #6

How wonderful technology is............it still relies on a bit of wire in most cases :roll:

Avatar problem seems to be OK right now, will double check later when I get to my other computer. Thanks again.

Stevekin.
Old Jan 27, 2005, 9:33 PM   #7

I'm abit perplexed why most of your avatars are quite larger than mine... 15k limit ?? How can I make mine larger ?? surely not at 72 dpi ??? file format is ??? ie: jpeg

Help appreciated.. grazie
Woodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2005, 4:36 AM   #8

First, crop your image to the dimensions you wish to display. Eg, mine is at 150 pixels wide by 112 pixels high (yours is 65 X 48 pixels and aladyforty's is 141 X 200 ).That will drastically reduce the file in the first place. Thenuse 'save for web'adjusting the compression quality to medium, high, very highetc to reduce to the necessary file size. Using save for web discards the EXIF info making it easier to reducethe file.The next box, marked 'quality',you can fine tune the compression to nudge it under the 15k if needed.

Hope this helps,

Stevekin.