Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Feb 26, 2005, 1:42 PM   #1

There is only one person who would dare give me The Raspberry... My daughter! :lol:

Ok.. i debated whether or not it belonged here or in "Family"... but since this is my first attempt at a High Key setup I thought it my better belong here...

Looks like I could have used a little more fill on the left bottom... but when you're working with an 8 month old you only get so much time before they tell you they are DONE! :lol:

There are a couple more at: http://www.tammyandjohn.com/Kylee/8_...ths/index.html
Mr_Saginaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 26, 2005, 2:35 PM   #2

You have a great portrait here. A bit of a contrast boost will be an improvement.

The image you are sharing with us is not High Key because you've introduced dark tones.

Since you mention this is your first attempt at high key, I'll offer you something to think about before the next try.

Avoid elements with dark tones such as the stuffed animal's feet in this one. Notice how it captures the viewer's attention?

The shots in your gallery are great too. I look forward to seeing more.

Rodney
RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 3:05 PM   #3

Thanks for the tips, Rodney!

Most of my previous pics I have used a darker colored background... This is the first time I've used a white background.

I see now what you mean about the dark feet on the horse!

Thanks again!
john
Mr_Saginaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 3:50 PM   #4

There are many things to think about when doing portraits and many rules. Of course, rules work best when broken.

If the horse had been closer to the face, I think it would have worked well because the dark feet would pull the viewer toward the face.

Thank you for sharing.

Rodney
RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 4:54 AM   #5

Mr_Saginaw wrote:
Quote:
There is only one person who would dare give me The Raspberry... My daughter! :lol:

Ok.. i debated whether or not it belonged here or in "Family"... but since this is my first attempt at a High Key setup I thought it my better belong here...

Looks like I could have used a little more fill on the left bottom... but when you're working with an 8 month old you only get so much time before they tell you they are DONE! :lol:

There are a couple more at: http://www.tammyandjohn.com/Kylee/8_...ths/index.html
Wait til she does that at 13 :-)

Nice shot.. I think the off center works well.. Try it in b&w, it'll take on a completely different look.

Jeff
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 8:22 AM   #6

nice shot, very cute child ya have there:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote