Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Apr 14, 2005, 9:11 PM   #11

Hi, this is the first Ive seen of this thread so I thought Id give my opinion. I think it's not too bad at all Kenneth, I find self portraits the hardest to do anyway, and Im NOT photogenic at all.:roll:

I have just changed my avatar to show one of my few so called self portraits, this one was with the help of a friend and his 4 mega pixel Olympus digital, I did the photoshop work on it. Im not keen on the shot but it's all I have and I cant find the bigger sized shot either.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2005, 9:13 PM   #12

Be aware, my avatar changes a bit especially when the shot is of me, I don't like viewing myself every time I post a comment:blah:
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2005, 2:55 AM   #13

aladyforty wrote:
Quote:
Be aware, my avatar changes a bit especially when the shot is of me, I don't like viewing myself every time I post a comment:blah:
Well maybe this will start a trend! It is now a fact that browsing here is a habit I look forward to nearly every day. Before I bought a digital camera, and even after I did buy one, I browsed away, but didn't join. As a newer member now, seeing lots and lots of the same names posting and exchanging comments and PM's and emails with some, is a very social, enjoyableinteraction. It would be cool to catch a glimpse of more of you all. I can't imagine anyone with the skills we see here not being able to post something they wouldn't be too shy about, in the way of a self portrait shot. Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2005, 4:04 AM   #14

aladyforty wrote:
Quote:
You should have used the edit function, then you wouldn't have had to look at your avatar twice in a row :blah:.

Quote:
Im not keen on the shot but it's all I have and I cant find the bigger sized shot either.
I don't think anyone but the exceptionally vain really like to have their own picture taken, most people just put up with us pointing the camera at them, (Ross),and I am glad you posted this Aladyforty, it's nice to put a face to the name, and a very nice face too !

Does everyone else here have the same 'problem' as Aladyforty and myself, in that the one with the camera actually has very few shots of themselves ? Not so much a lack of vanity, more a case of "it's my camera, my hobby, it's what I enjoy doing" to the extent thatthe camera, when switched on, is never out of your hands ?

I have approx. 3 thousand of pics of my Grandson George and probably only about a dozen or so with me and him together. Even my Avatar is from two separate photos, mine being taken just for this purpose.

KENNETH, has Popeye noticed hisspinachis missing ?

Stevekin.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2005, 2:18 PM   #15

kenneth,

first time i saw your photo. i thought, hey! thats Harvey Keitel!! can't go wrong being compared to the guy. he is the coolest.

berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2005, 6:21 AM   #16

Hey Berto!!

Great way to make me laugh!! Just absent mindedly clicked on your post and immediately thought W O W! (thinking the portrait was Y O U) this guys a dead ringer for Harvey Keitel! Ok T H E N I read your comment. Thanks! Ya, you're right he is a fabulous actor. Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote