Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Jun 22, 2005, 12:19 AM   #11

pj1974 wrote:
Quote:
So have YOU got any "interesting" posts of a hike we might see???? (waiting....!)
No pain visible at all, I fear, in this one from Sognefjell, Norway in 1997, which is all I can produce without a trawl in the archives. However I vividly remember the ensuing night in the wilds, with 4 of us in a 3-man tent.

There was such a racket that no-one was going to sleep at all, so I left and joined the midges outside. The hilarity continued loudly, so I kidnapped 6-yr-old William, put him in my sleeping bag with me, bored him to sleep with climbers' tales and descriptions of the stars, and then posted him back through the tent door, to allow a peaceful night with only the insects and the moon & stars to disturb me.
Attached Images

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 1:14 PM   #12

Lovely story and a classic photo... maybe not a "masterpiece" photo but one I'm sure serves as a help for those great memories. Sometimes such photos are the most important anyway (even if not 100% what would be called a "pro shot")!

Norway, I've only been there once (when working as a sailor) but sailing amidst the fjords was a wonderful experience (but too dark for photos with my "$10 camera" back then 10 years ago!)

But believe it or not I've been to Chester, liked it! I grew up in Tasmania (Australia) and now live in Transylvania (Romania!)- both naturally beautiful places.

Seeing as we're digressing from the topic of "my girlfriend" I'll put a post of a shot in the close-up area (it is a bit of a mix of close-up and nature and "funny" but in the end maybe close-up is the main focus)... check it out here... http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...amp;forum_id=7
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2006, 1:19 AM   #13

ur first shot is excellent, it looks like u used a reflector, fantastic all round.

2nd looks a tad washed out i think from glare. but stil great shot.

excellent shots

i tried adding a little mid tone contrast to take away wishy washy look

hope you dont mind
Attached Images

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2006, 6:47 PM   #14

Hi Ken!

Wow, and I thought this thread had died! I guess you pulled it up from somewhere :roll:

I appreciate your comments and indeed your edit also. Yes, the natural lighting was ideal for the first photo, I "got lucky". You're right... the 2ndphotodoes have some glare problems.. I didn't do any post processiong... but some people gave good advice.

I like your edit, thanks for the "work". With my DSLR (purchased since then) I've learnt about post processing and how it can turn already decent photos into better ones! (or rescue bad ones!) :G

Here is another (more recent) portrait of my girlfriend (now fiancee!) which I also like. Hope you also appreciate it. It was taken before I had my DSLR.... so I think it's not bad for a candid point and shoot portrait!

Thanks again for looking, giving your useful comments and making a good edit.

Paul

Attached Images

Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:33 PM   #15

Paul thanks for sharing. She is a terrific beauty and from the looks for things you are a blessed man. Happy for you. I like the first picture. Just feel in love with it. :G Regards. Jaki
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2006, 3:30 AM   #16

Hi Jaki,

Glad you could make a comment, as I always respect what you post!

Indeed, I feel I'm a blessed man with my fiancee... I never imagined I'd be matched with such a photogenic person!Especially as I'm not model material!! :? Buteven moreso because of the inner beauty of Tundi, my wife to be later this year (Sep 23).

Thanks for being happy for me (us!) and glad you like the first photo especially, sometimes nature provides just the BEST lighting conditions, etc to bring out wonderful photographing opportunities.

Havea good weekend!

Paul
Old Mar 11, 2006, 6:53 AM   #17
Administrator

pj1974 wrote:
Quote:
[snip]
...my girlfriend (now fiancee!)...
Congratulations on your engagement!
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2006, 9:04 AM   #18
LT7

Here, here, I second that very nice pictures by the way of a beautiful lady. Congrats again.

LT
LT7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2006, 12:44 PM   #19

JimC and LT7,

Thanks both of you for your kind n warm best wishes! I was away for a day and a half and now back so I can thank you!

I'm looking forward to marriage for many reasons :-) including the fact that instead of living 5 hours apart (she lives in Brasov, another city in Romania) we'll be much closer (!) and that means more chances to catch photos of my sweet little lady!

Thankfully she's got enough sense to tell me at times "to put that camera down"!Still she lets me take many photos....

We're planning to go to Greece for our honeymoon and apparently Greece has some beautiful scenery....So maybe I'll share some photos from that (but that's gonna be in October after we get back!)

Anyway, that's still a long way away.. :?

Thanks again for your best wishes and congratulations!

Paul (a "very much in love" boy)