Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Nov 8, 2005, 2:38 PM   #11

I also signed my card years ago. In my state, there is a section on the drivers license that shows you are an organ donor. I'm 62, and in good health, but not sure down the road if anything could be harvested, but I don't think I will need anything where I will be going. Hope things work out well for your brother.

frontier02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2005, 7:57 PM   #12

HI THERE EVERYONE MY NAME IS MIKE IM ALSO 28 AND DARVYS ROOMATE / BEST FRIEND FOR 10-12 YEARS DARVY IS A GREAT GUY AND A GREAT FRIEND AND IS MOSTLY IN A UPBEAT MOOD WHICH IS MORE THAN I CAN SAY FOR MYSELF IF I WAS IN HIS SITUATION!! HE AND I HAVE A DREAM OF ONE DAY AFTER HIS TRANSPLANT OF GOING FOR A RUN TOGETHER SOMETHING THAT HE IS UNABLE TO DO NOW , IT DOSNT SOUND LIKE MUCH BUT IT WOULD MEAN THE WORLD TO HIM PLEASE DONATE AND HELP MAKE THIS DREAM A REALLITY!! DARVY IS A GREAT GUY WHITH GREAT FAMILLY AND FRIENDS WHO CARE VERY MUCH FOR HIM AND ARENT READY TO SAY GOODBYE THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS TAKE CARE!!

MIKE DARLOW

P.S. IF YOU HAVE ANYMORE PICTURES OF HIM PLEASE POST THEM ALL OF HIS FRIENDS WILL GET A KICK OUT OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!:-)
darvys roomate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 3:53 AM   #13

Hi, I thought I say my prayers are with you Darvy! I heard on TV that a hospital here in California, UCI Medical has had people on a waiting list for 7 years and have only done 12 transplants. They had over a hundred offers but turned them down because they didn't have a doctor available to do the surgerys. They never told any of the people on the list. How sad it was on the news that this hosp would do that to people. They could have been on a list elsewhere. The reason I brought this up was to have someone in this situation make sure that the list you are on is the best list. I think the system is failing us and we all need to re-evaluate who is accountable and ask for improvements. Rose darling, take care! -Freida
freidaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2005, 9:54 AM   #14

Thank you Freida,

What they have done in California is an absolute outrage!! My understanding here in Canada is that people are put on a provincial as well as a national registry as oppossed to the individual hospital. Despite the usual complainers, we have a pretty good health care system here. It's nice to know I can go to the emergancy room and have a broken leg fixed and not have to pay a penny. As for Darvy, we are all keeping a positive attitude and we are very aware of the power of prayer. I know it's just a waiting game for his transplants but it will happen. We have seen 2 miracles through prayer in my family so we're pushing for #3.

Thanks to everyone for your kind words of encouragement and concern. Keep spreading the word!

Rose
mommy_culleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2006, 5:50 PM   #15

hello everybody, my name is shona cronk and today is january 19 2006 and i just found out that my brother darvy culleton has only 20 months to live, he needs a lung transplant ASAP. i have just gone to the online organ donor website and put down myself and my 2 kids. i can not exspress how important organ donation is for this world. i never realized until it was a part of my life. please everyone out there get urself on the list and ur friends and ur friends friends and so on and so on. much thanks Shona

darvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2006, 11:22 PM   #16

A heart rending story. My prayers and hope that the best will come out of this. Kind regards. Jaki.
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2006, 9:28 PM   #17

hi , this is Shona , Darvy's sis. i just thought you all might want to see what he looks like now and his family. thank you all for your thoughts.
Attached Images

darvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2006, 11:42 AM   #18

Hi this is a friend of Darvy's from K.T.s. would love to call Darvy. there is a bunch of us who would. my email address is [email protected]. please email me. i used to email him all the time but his email address doesn't work now.
Bufsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2006, 4:07 PM   #19

Hi...I am Jina and I am Darvy's way way older sister and I too have Cystic Fibrosis. I really do appreciate evryone trying to help out my brother, but please don't feel sorry for him or myself or anyone for that matter just because we have CF. It's a genetic disease that you get from both parents who either have it or carry the gene. As to this date (Nov 15th/06) my bro is doing fine. I am doing ok myself even tho I just found out that I have CFRD(cystic fibrosis related diabetes). I am glad my bro moved back to BC where he can get the proper medical attention that he needs cause Ontario CF docs SUCK!! I know my bro will pull thro this as nothing in the past has ever stopped him, not even jumping off the coffee table and breaking his ankle when he was I think 3?? So keep signing those cards and all will be well. Later ya'll
OlderSis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2006, 4:09 PM   #20

Oh and here is a pic of me now....
Attached Images

OlderSis is offline   Reply With Quote