Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Oct 27, 2005, 11:25 AM   #1

JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 27, 2005, 2:22 PM   #2

Nice shot, now lets see the rest of this photo series........ :G
VAtechtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2005, 6:47 PM   #3

I can see where the eyes would be a good focal point but the elbow right at the camera tends to draw more attention. Also all the weight being placed on that arm has forced some unflattering results. A tigher crop might have more impact.

Good snapshot though and very attractive eyes.
Widowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2005, 5:25 PM   #4

Very nice presentation. Beautiful eyes, and very appealing expression. Elbow, shmelbow! If you get hung up on the elbow here, and can't grasp the overall appeal, try trying out for a lawnbowling team. :-)I hear the action is outstanding:-) Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2005, 7:21 AM   #5

Thanks all. I can see what you mean about the unflattering affect on the arm - never noticed it, but something to look out for in the future. As for the elbow itself, I tried several different crops and they all accentuate the elbow more than this one. Thanks for taking a look and taking the time to comment.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 8:13 AM   #6

I didn't want to sound negative about your photo so don't take it that way. I get into critique mode and forget to get out It is a great shot.
Widowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2005, 8:15 AM   #7

Nope, no offense taken. I have yet to take a 'perfect shot' and I post here to get suggestions for improvement not just a pat on the back. Helpful and specific critiques are always welcome.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 5:15 PM   #8

I, of course, often rebound in the other direction. (That way we cover the spectrum). I see the aesthetics of a shot like this. To me the elbow adds to the hidden appeal of the eyes, complimenting the idea that she appears to to intent on observing while reluctant to display any facial reaction to what she may be looking at. For this reason I think the elbow plays a very nice role in that it acts as a potential shield allowing the subject to see the viewer without giving the viewer areciprocal approach. The intent focus of the eyes and their lovely color even add to this theme, for me at least. Now, technical points of view seem topoint out the elbow is a distraction, and that's food for thought. All in all still worthy of much more than a passing glance.

Kd
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote