Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Nov 7, 2005, 10:40 PM   #1

I was hoping someone could fix this photo for me. There is a nasty crease across the second person from the right, (my father)I have no idea how to fix it and would really appreciate someones assistance. As for the photo. All the men in the back row are veterans of World War 2 with the exception of the man on the far left, he's the youngest and was in training when the war ended. They are arranged in order of age to the right, my fater being the second oldest. The short lady in the middle (my aunt) is also a vet. Grandpa and Grandma are smiling because the picture was taken after all the boys came home after the war was over. What are the odds of that? Thank you for any assistance.

cheers
scottie
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 8, 2005, 7:04 AM   #2

Hi, I am a novice to PS but I had a go anyway.Just used the Healing Brush to remove the crease and lowered the noise levels.
Saldawop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2005, 8:13 AM   #3

You did a great job fixing that!! Looks great!

Just a note to you both ................. if there is ever something that you need fixed or changed or added to, just post in extreme makeover. They do some amazing work there and there is alot of great info and tips on the threads.

Rose
mommy_culleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2005, 9:18 AM   #4

Tried again, dont know if I went a bit far.Touched up the slight crease above the guy on the left (on the roof) and adjusted levels slightly and applied USM
Saldawop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2005, 2:27 PM   #5

I gave it a go too. I have left it full size so you can download it. I will be posting 2 tries. The second is the same except for a little noise reduction to take out some of the film grain.
GoCubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2005, 2:38 PM   #6

Here is the one with the noise reduced a little. This is a great shot and sure to be a family treasure.

Rose, aren't you a mod? You could move it to extreme makeover. There is a lot of talent their that could probably do better than mine.

For anyone wondering, these are showing up as links because they are too big, they are under the 250400 bytes required but are too wide and tall. This is normally a problem, but when posting for editing requests' it is best to post the largest file possible.
GoCubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2005, 6:37 PM   #7

Thank you all so much, all the repairs look very good. My family will appreciate it very much. I'll be sure to post to the correct area next time.
Thanks again, you folks are the best.

cheers
scottie
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote