Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Member's & Family Photos (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/members-family-photos-81/)
-   -   Beautiful Chilly Stare (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/members-family-photos/72695-beautiful-chilly-stare.html)

stevenyc1 Nov 21, 2005 11:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This was amongst the first few frames I shot using my wife's new Pentax istDL with kit 18-55mm lens. I was impressed with the images and find it a pleasing camera to use.....

pic_*ist Nov 21, 2005 3:52 PM

You got the eyes dead on,nice pic. Its a great camera, have fun with it! I think it comes with one the best kit lenses around.

stevenyc1 Nov 21, 2005 4:26 PM

Thank you. I like the ist DL and it's large LCD but prefer my Nikon D50. I think the average prosumer will enjoy any current DSLR- they're just that good!

Bagsfan5 Nov 21, 2005 9:08 PM

I think you did a very good job. The one thing that I would do differently is the cropping by allowing a little more room above her head and to the left side of the photo. I feel it would also be more powerful if you would not include the part of the arm at the bottom of the photo......

I do like the colors of the photo... The colors are in harmony. All in all, it is a good photo......... Enjoy your camera...

KENNETHD Nov 23, 2005 2:54 PM

Nice job...good capture! What are the circumstances? Is this a candid? Or do you know each other? (I've had the same gaze cast in my direction on occasion just holding a camera, some folks just get spooked by them) If you get the chance to shoot her again, share the results, she says about half an encyclopedis with those eyes and that posture! :lol:

Kd

stevenyc1 Nov 23, 2005 7:14 PM

Thanks for the positive feedback and constructive crits- most appreciated. She's my wife and I have tons of shots- perhaps I'll post some nice ones shot with my Sigma SD9 or Nikon D50.(That shot was just a quick stop at a local park where I took a few shots with a new Pentax ist DL I bought then gave her. Let's hope she uses it!!!)

KENNETHD Nov 23, 2005 10:19 PM

stevenyc1 wrote:
Quote:

Thanks for the positive feedback and constructive crits- most appreciated. She's my wife and I have tons of shots- perhaps I'll post some nice ones shot with my Sigma SD9 or Nikon D50.(That shot was just a quick stop at a local park where I took a few shots with a new Pentax ist DL I bought then gave her. Let's hope she uses it!!!)
Yeah...I did get a chuckle when I read this. Your wife's camera...etc. so it would seem less suicidal that it actually is your wife as opposed to a complete stranger! Seems like a natural progression to take advantage of her obvious photogenic qualities and put that talent to use while refining your talent with the camera. Best regards,

KennethD

stevenyc1 Nov 24, 2005 9:32 AM

Kenneth, you're astute.Yes and I do take advantage of her photogenic qualities when possible- she's a good test subject for any new cameras I get to try or buy.Thanks to all.