Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Jul 1, 2006, 3:26 AM   #1

Hey guys

just practicing wedding photography on my better half. Not for real though :-( ......... yet

See what you guys think

ken

Last edited by kenmck15; Aug 21, 2010 at 3:04 AM.
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 1, 2006, 4:01 AM   #2

Good experiment and what a wonderful model.
Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2006, 6:45 AM   #3

gorgeous
Arty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2006, 7:30 AM   #4

Thanks guys

i think this is my fav shot i have taken

i really liked this theme of shots, we are taking more tomorrow and i might try some new stuff. At the mo stil trying to learn this portrait stuff but im so fortunate to have such a patient gf/model

ken
Old Jul 1, 2006, 8:20 AM   #5

Wonderful shot Ken!Beautiful model, good lighting used, even the frame you've selected for the picture is great! By the way, what type of lighting set up did you use for that shot?

Kaspian
Kaspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2006, 8:42 AM   #6

Nice shot Ken.
BTW aren't you treading on dangerous ground using this wedding theme , you know the way these ladies think !!
Cheers Geoff
limeyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2006, 2:52 PM   #7

You just keep practice this theme forcouple of days moreand very soon you will be also on the other side of the camera.......:blah: (someone will shooting you.....:G)

Good work... really you are now stepping more ahead with your improvement and that is the point.... keep up man....

Again, just be carreful about the background you are using, there are again some shaddow-lines and can be a little distracting..... maybe keep your model more further from the background...I find this very positive to my photos (specially to the black ones)...and put another reflector to shine directly to background (but not to model at all) when it is white could be helpfull

Zak

ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2006, 3:33 PM   #8

G'day Ken,

Great shot mate, and congrats to your better half / gf for looking the part so well....

The lighting and soft look of the whole photo is very pleasing. Did you do much skin smoothing? (ala thanks to Frank style?) I agree with Zak that there are a few background shadows just EVER so slightly distracting.

The pose is great, and her expression matches well. She's a great model! Have you bought some studio lighting or something? (unfortunately here in Romania it's very hard to source such stuff as well I don't have the budget - being a charity worker). However whatever you did / used, it looks professional!

Well I'm doing the official wedding thing next week Fri (7th July)... but that's just the civil wedding, the one with the dress will be Sept 23rd. (as Geoff, said you've got to be careful with the "wedding dress theme" the way many girls think!!) Seriously though, hope your future (both of you) will be great.

Do send more photos and perhaps share your techiques a bit if you don't mind giving away a few handy tips!

All the best

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2006, 3:35 PM   #9

Hi Ken again,

A quick PS. When I looked at the photo again I'm wondering if it wouldn't have looked a bit better with a slightly wider crop. I mean maybe it's just my own (stupid) opinion, but I think maybe the way her arms and head are so close to the frame is just a bit "tight".

Anyway, still a fantastic photo. You're a great photographer (and good at editing too) - please keep sharing!

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2006, 4:50 PM   #10

Kaspian wrote:
Quote:
Wonderful shot Ken!Beautiful model, good lighting used, even the frame you've selected for the picture is great! By the way, what type of lighting set up did you use for that shot?

Kaspian

thanks heaps mate

please see my pic below for lighting setup

2x cheapest tripods
3x desk lamps
3x 200w tungsten clear bulbs
3x black/silver lined umbrellas
Alot of ductape

Filthy old curtain as backing:O

ken
Attached Images