Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Jul 31, 2006, 10:40 PM   #1
Lan

Hi all,

This has been my first visit back to this forum. I would like to introduce my little girl Milieka Sumner Rose Edey to the photo family.

Born 23rd, July, 2006.

Weight: 4 pounds 11. (just a little over 2kg)

She was5 weeks premature but doing really well now and at home. Never thought having a baby would be so demanding. Wouldn't have it any other way though.:G

Regards,

Lan
Attached Images

Lan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 1, 2006, 11:55 AM   #2

Congratulations! She's a beauty. Glad she's doing well. It's always scary when they come early.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2006, 4:31 PM   #3

Congratulations on your beautiful daughter. My grandson was born a month early, also. I know how scary that can be. (He was a little larger than your daughter, though) Glad all is well.
SueSee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2006, 1:06 AM   #4
Lan

Dear slipe and SueSee,

Thank you for your kind words. We are just taking each day as they come. Feeling very tired and worn out at the moment. But our motivation is as strong as ever to do the best we can as new parents. A very big learning curve.

Kind regards,

Lan
Old Aug 4, 2006, 6:26 PM   #5

Congratulations Lan with your little girl (and SueSee too for your granddaughter)

Well I'm glad all is well ie with health, etc. Just to put your mind at ease about small babies...

I was born as a v small baby (I'm a twin) - I was only 3lbs and 10oz ... and that was about 32 years ago (when technology wasn't quite so good). The doctors said it was touch and go (50%) if I would survive.

My twin brother was 1lb heavier than I. Actually we were born I think 1 or 2 weeks later than expected (maybe just as well!) The doctors only discovered (and obviously so did my parents) that there were twins 2 weeks before we were born.

If you do a search on this forum you'll see some photos of me (and more of my fiancee). So I wish also that your daughter!

best wishes

Paul

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2006, 5:23 AM   #6

How cute a finger child ! As you see they turn out to be great wanderers like Paul )Congrats, Lan. May herenjoy a happy fortune...

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2006, 9:04 PM   #7
Lan

Dear paul and bahadir,

Thanks for the congrats, it now takes me twice as long to reply to messages on this forum. I have now learnt that if something needs to be done or we need to go somewhere in the car or anywhere for that matter I can at least add another 20-30mins before we go anywhere. (not that I am complaining)I have been told that when babies get older around the 2 and up age, there's a thing called the suicide hour usualy between 4-5 in the afternoon when all heck breaks out in the house hold. Can anyone confirm this for me and should it be avoided at all costs?

Lan