Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jun 9, 2003, 12:17 AM   #1

Default Problems on Kingston 256mb CF with Powershot A70!!

hi,
I think i have a serious problem here! The Kingston 256CF card can stored 154 pics on 3,2mp A70! When i took the picture till there's spaces for about 32 pics left, the camera prompt that 'MEMORY CARD ERROR!'..Therefore I reformatted the card again and took the picture again, but the problem still there, whenever i took movie clip or photos, when there's 30 pic left, the 'memory card error' appears on my lcd screen and screwed up whole pics i took!

I tried to email the kingston service support, the ask me to reformat the CF card using PC and CF reader, I tried but the problem still exist. And I believe some of you all out there have the same problem with me.,,

Is there any alternative solution for this problem? I dun wanna lost my whole nice picture b;coz of this,,

Thankx.
cheewooi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 11, 2003, 3:50 AM   #2

I used the same card with my CANON 10D - and there were no errors.

Should there be a defect ... "bad sector"?
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2003, 4:39 AM   #3

Quote:
I tried to email the kingston service support, the ask me to reformat the CF card using PC and CF reader
This can be bad advice. I'm surprised a manufacturer says this when cards can actually become unreadable in cams if reformatted in a pc as Windows FAT32 standard. It doesn't give a lot of confidence in their support. Try PhotoRescue to see what it might recover first

Email Kingston, and ask if they can do a low level physical reformat on your card (effectively a 'repair'). If your card has no electrical damage, it should come back like a new card, but you'd lose anything on it. If they are able to do this, ask them what device and software they used to do the physical reformat. I'd be interested to hear their reply. If they can't do this, then they're just pushing product and not supporting it (except by putting a guy on a phone). VOX
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote